a few days ago my battery has been drainin in about 4 hours. when the fone was "Low battery", i did a battery pull w/o charging and the battery would go back up to almost full last bout 4 hours and it'd :drain", battery pull n voila the battery is back up. this could go on all day without any charging of the battery

So, the device is thinkin that the battery is draining when it is not really. Anybody have any advice on what i can do? Phone's bout a year old. out of warranty.
    Last edited by hungrylilb0i; 08-06-09 at 07:03 PM.
    08-06-09 06:40 PM
    It's time to replace your battery. One of the cells in the battery is probably bad. that's why you never get above 80%.

Have you let it drain down all the way often? That shorten's the battery's service life.
    08-06-09 06:42 PM
    Usual caveats...do you use the browser, email, pandora, gps, weather, etc. a lot? if not a new battery might do. The lion (lithium ion) batteries aren't supposed to get memory checks like nicad and my research online says the battery likes to stay topped up. Check for batteries on Ubid.com or Ebay. (or I have a Storm....) <G>
    08-06-09 06:46 PM
    i dont think thats the reason. i swapped batteries with my brother. and the same thing happens. (it doesnt happen on his phone)
    08-06-09 06:46 PM
    o its not that its max at 80%.. thats just what the battery is at. when the fone tells me the battery is dead. i take it out and put it back in, the battery is no longer dead. and last another 2-3 hours. and i could do that a bunch of times without actually charging the phone.
    08-06-09 07:01 PM
    Mine did practically the same thing. Would just die with full charge. Pull battery, ok then die, repeat. Replaced my battery and all is well.

If the phone functions normally while its charging its your battery. At least it was my battery.

Later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD