Im hoping you can help me. I just bought my friends BB 8330. I rec'd an email from another friend inviting me to be on her BB Messenger Contact list. It gives me a link and when I click it I get this msg "Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone."

Next, when I connect to the internet, a bunch of preloaded sites come up on the home screen. There is no place for me to type in a url address or search.

Then I read on this site that first time users need to register a user name and password. Where do I do that from? I looked and have a user name but I never entered a password. When I try to add a contact nothing happens. I'm just getting very frustrated!!
    08-21-09 02:49 PM
    Im hoping you can help me. I just bought my friends BB 8330. I rec'd an email from another friend inviting me to be on her BB Messenger Contact list. It gives me a link and when I click it I get this msg "Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry® smartphone."

Next, when I connect to the internet, a bunch of preloaded sites come up on the home screen. There is no place for me to type in a url address or search.

Then I read on this site that first time users need to register a user name and password. Where do I do that from? I looked and have a user name but I never entered a password. When I try to add a contact nothing happens. I'm just getting very frustrated!!
    For the bold part, try running the setup wizard. That is the stuff you do when you get a new device and you enter all your information.

As for the first part, that message kind of seems like you don't have a connection, as it's defaulting to USB, but that can't be since her message came in.
    08-21-09 02:56 PM
    Sounds like your BBM needs to be updated or something. As for the URL issue. Use the blackberry button ( 7 dots shaped kind of like a BB to the left of your trackball) and then use "go to" you will be able to type in your URL there.

For the BBM ask her to just send you her pin # and in BBM add a contact using the BB button. See if that works rather than following the link.

Hope that helps. OH yea, BBM = Blackberry messenger
    Last edited by Vortex337; 08-21-09 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added BBM = Blackberry Messenger for Newbie
    08-21-09 03:03 PM
    You need to run your email setup on the phone. That sets up an account with sprint/blackberry so you can add emails. This can be done from the phone or a pc. Once that is done and an email is set up you should get a message that your service books have been sent to the phone.

When your browser opens hit the bb button (next to the trackball with the dots on it and you should see a go to or google site to go to.
    08-21-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD