So I tried clearing up some space on my bb. I already cleared my events log and I was going to delete a lot of my sms text messages. When I was deleting them I was checking on my free space every so often and I noticed that a few times I was losing space, the free space was going down, instead of gaining space. Does anyone have any idea why it's doing this. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 03:13 AM
    What kind of apps are you running? Especially the ones that have a data connection running in the background (Viigo, weather apps, etc.)

08-06-09 03:39 AM
    So I tried clearing up some space on my bb. I already cleared my events log and I was going to delete a lot of my sms text messages. When I was deleting them I was checking on my free space every so often and I noticed that a few times I was losing space, the free space was going down, instead of gaining space. Does anyone have any idea why it's doing this. Thanks in advance.

Mozy on down to my sig and look for the link to the "How to Increase File Free" that should help you out, as well as making sure you are closing out completely on apps and dont have anything running in the background thats not supposed to.
    08-06-09 03:54 AM
    I have noticed that when I delete apps or messages, memory seems to decrease but after a while it has increased above the starting point. I don't know but I envision it to be related to the OS writing temporay files or tying up OS modules that are released after the delete process completes.

08-06-09 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD