So I was walking past a Sprint store today an saw a sign that read "Free Blackberry 8530 with trade in of any old Blackberry". I walked in with my trusty Curve 8330 and inquired. And it is TRUE!!! Now anyone* who walks in with there old Blackberry can trade it in for a free** Blackberry Curve 8530. I don't know the terms that apply but so far I am loving my new BB :-)

*anyone = new sprint customer OR current Sprint customer with $150 upgrade eligibility.

**Free as in $100 - $100 mail in rebate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 07:16 PM
    The crackberry store will sell you one for free, without the rebate hassle and you can keep your old phone. At least 2 weeks ago when I got mine.
    Actually, any major retailer like Bestbuy will beat sprint's deal.

Also old news.

05-21-10 07:38 PM
    I was eligible for an upgrade...(Finaly)! And I could get it charged to my bill. Kinda nice that way.

05-21-10 08:01 PM
    This is what I love about Sprint! They come up with different ways to attract customers. I've been with them for almost 8 years now and had every BlackBerry phones they've gotten (except for 9650).
    Last edited by mangcool; 05-21-10 at 08:59 PM.
    05-21-10 08:18 PM
    I know, it is great. I was desperately wanting to upgrade BUT I need to be VERY careful with money right now. This is a GOD SEND for me.
    05-22-10 05:43 AM
    Like mentioned above ..... Big box stores work well. I don't do REBATES if they can be avoided. Why did we ever allow huge gazillion dollar companies to convince us that it was a great idea for us apparently knuckle headed consumers to loan rhem our hard cash - interest free no less???? What a scam!

Got my new 8530 with Sprint for $15.90 with tax at Walmart yesterday. You pay the price on the sign there and the have all the various carriers too Talked them out of the activation fee as well.

Why loan Sprint money interest free?

Anyway, my 2 pennies worth FWIW.

05-22-10 08:45 AM
    its different in the uk free phone on what ever price plan you
    if you want a pay as you go then you pay for the phone
    05-22-10 11:51 AM
    So I was walking past a Sprint store today an saw a sign that read "Free Blackberry 8530 with trade in of any old Blackberry". I walked in with my trusty Curve 8330 and inquired. And it is TRUE!!! Now anyone* who walks in with there old Blackberry can trade it in for a free** Blackberry Curve 8530. I don't know the terms that apply but so far I am loving my new BB :-)

*anyone = new sprint customer OR current Sprint customer with $150 upgrade eligibility.

**Free as in $100 - $100 mail in rebate.

Gee you got a deal. I had to pay 3 bucks. But I got a free bluetooth headset with the 8530.
    05-22-10 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD