Hi, I am a new user with a Curve 8530. I have brightness set to 10 but I see it can dim lower automatically. Is there a way to force it to the lowest possible setting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 11:19 PM
    No, I don't think you can do that. The lowest screen brightness is 10%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 11:46 PM
    you can stop it from dimming automatically...
    05-30-10 03:03 AM
    What are you trying to do exactly do you want it to go to the lowest DIM when?
    or do you just want it lower?
    05-30-10 11:13 AM
    Lowest DIM possible I know off is 10 and Auto BackLight on.

Problem is, no matter what you have auto backlight set to, the light sensor will still kick in when it sees fit, making the screen brighter.
    05-30-10 11:36 AM
    I was trying to lock it to the lowest setting that the auto-dimming mechanism can go to. I know I can lock it at 10% and turn off the auto-dimming feature, but I wanted to lock it at the lowest possible setting of the hardware.

Oh well... Just thinking it would give a tad bit more battery life, as I find the battery on the Curve 8530 to be insufficient for a day. Guess it's time for an extended-capacity cell.
    05-30-10 11:32 PM
    I was trying to lock it to the lowest setting that the auto-dimming mechanism can go to. I know I can lock it at 10% and turn off the auto-dimming feature, but I wanted to lock it at the lowest possible setting of the hardware.

Oh well... Just thinking it would give a tad bit more battery life, as I find the battery on the Curve 8530 to be insufficient for a day. Guess it's time for an extended-capacity cell.
    I know what you wanted, I wanted that too. But you got it wrong: 10% and autodim ON will help save battery, since it will keep brightness lower untill the sensor kicks in. When OFF the sensor will still brighten it up, but starting from a much brighter screen.

Check my sig for battery saving tips.
    05-31-10 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD