Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered, I'm new to this site and don't know how to use the search features yet.

My problem may just be due to lack of BB knowledge (this is my first) but, I go into my Pictures area and I have a bunch of backgrounds that I have downladed as well as a bunch of pictures I have taken. I tried to make a folder titled "Backgrounds" and one titled "Photos" and move all the corresponding pictures into each, but when I opened the new folders they were empty and all my pictures were still in the default place. When I "moved" them they appeared to go, because they were no longer where i had just moved them from, but they weren't in the new folder, just at the bottom of the default page instead. Yet I have no problem moving photos off my memory card into the default location and making them stay. I just can't seem to sort them......

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    03-09-09 12:17 PM
    Welcome to Crackbery!

When you go into Media > Pictures > Choose "Picture Folders" instead of "All Pictures" then you can pick which folders to view.

From the Media App screen, the one that lists Videos, Music, etc you can hit the BB Button > Explore. Then you can view all the folders on your media card that way. Once there, you can navigate to the pictures folders on your media card and view the pictures in each one.
    03-09-09 02:02 PM
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am viewing it in "folders" view. Like I have say 5 pics taken with my BB and 5backgrounds and 5 pics on my card. I rarely use my card, so I want to separate my photos on my phone and only use the card as backup.
    It's like:
    Media>Pictures>Picture Folders>100MEDIA
    Camera
    Backgrounds
    Photos
    All of my photos are currently in the default location (just where they go before you set up folders and such).
    If I move them from this location to say Backgrounds and then go into backgrounds, they aren't there, and I go back, and they are right back where they were. All the ones on the 100MEDIA stay where I put them, but I want to have separate folders within my main default picture folder and it won't do it. They just go back to the default area. Am I trying to do the impossible?
    03-09-09 02:41 PM
    Just plug your phone into your computer and use it as a flash drive. Then you can move the pictures around exactly how you want them.
    03-09-09 02:49 PM
    Ok thanks lol, I am kind of techno challenged and I refuse to ask my dad to help me lol.
    03-09-09 02:51 PM
    in case anyone else is a stupid as i am and has this problem you need to chose "move into" instead of "move here".
    der
    03-09-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD