Is this possible w/out any downfalls? or would this be a stupid thing to do? Considering Alltel is now gone, and with verizon, we are unable to change any plan or anything without "upgrading" (however considering getting the Tour....$$$$
    07-17-09 04:19 PM
    I would check with verizon if they will let you.. Also are the services both gsm or cdmas?
    07-17-09 06:36 PM
    Alltel and verizon are both cdma. Also verizon is the only cdma carrier in the US that will let you use any non-blacklisted phone on their network with no trouble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 06:41 PM
    Considering Alltel is now gone, and with verizon, we are unable to change any plan or anything without "upgrading" (however considering getting the Tour....$$$$
    You can upgrade to a Verizon device while keeping your Legacy Alltel Plan.
    I was an Alltel Authorized Agent who has just become a Verizon Authorized Dealer, and we have been dealing with this all week.
    07-17-09 07:27 PM
    I would love to upgrade, but I have to wait until sept 2010, to get the discounts, otherwise I have to pay full retail, for a new device right? Love to have The tour or storm
    07-18-09 11:08 AM
    Ok I have a BB curve 8330 from alltel quit alltel to go to Verizon couldn't afford it. Got the env2 hate it, once you have had a BMW driving a fiat just doesn't cut it, fast forward to now wife gets a new job can afford it again. I have the BB but they are alltel, Verizon says yea you can port them no problem whats the ESN number I give it them. nope won't let them in their system. Ok you need to get them to release the ESN number. call Alltel after a little run around get the numbers released. Nope still no go.

Verizon guy say's OK take to a verizon store have them flash it. OK. go there they don't do it don't have the capabilities.

So this is where I am at. It is allowed they will put the software on but you have to get your phone flashed. Went to Cricket 60 bucks if I want full flash ( for pic TXT) and internet that's a $120 bucks. so the question is I live in the phoenix area anyone no someone cheaper or how to do it myself?
    08-20-09 11:26 PM
    You don't have to flash your phone....salesman will sell you something if they can....
    08-20-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD