First I want to say that I've scoured this site. There are several posts on this same matter however I am not tech savvy enough to understand them. Please, if you reply to this could you put some step by step instructions on how to fix this...and please don't speak in code Thanks!!

I recently broke my Curve. I have insurance so I got a new phone, however, it is refurbished (not sure if this matters). I have a few "3rd party applications" on there like Slacker Radio, Google Maps, etc. Well I kept getting error messages "This application is both inside your firewall and outside your firewall which is against your IT Policy". I do not work for a company, nor ever used anything that required an "IT Policy" so I don't know where this came from. It doesn't let me use any of my applications and my GPS location won't even work. I figured "well I'll just turn the firewall off". There is nothing on my phone that needs security and I don't use is for anything that needs to be protected. I tried to turn the firewall off but it is "enabled" and there is a tiny red lock next to it. I have read every forum and it seems I"m not the only one having this same problem, however, I'm not tech-savvy enough to understand the posts on how to fix the problem.

I took my phone to Verizon but since it's a phone from the insurance company "they won't touch it". They told me to back everything up and then showed me how to do a complete handheld wipe. They said this should clear up any security preferences that have been set and should fix the problem.

I just completed the wipe and low and behold the firewall still says "Enabled" and still has the tiny lock next to it. PLEASE HELP ME!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING!!!
    06-07-10 02:49 PM
    As you've just learned, a wipe won't remove an IT policy. The insurance company should not have given you a unit with an IT Policy on it. Fortunately, the procedure described here is relatively simple: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...y-phone-81401/

If you don't know what OS version you are running, Options / About, the 3rd line, will tell you. It is most likely OS 4.5, which means the procedure above will work with no special steps needed.
    06-07-10 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD