When I try to download a 3rd party app, I keep getting an error message that it's trying to go through a firewall that is not permitted yet I don't go through a BES server. What's up? This is a new BB curve 8330, never activated. Why would it think Enterprise server? When I go to my Options, Security, Firewall I am unable to change it from enabled to disabled.

I am hoping I don't have to do through wiping handheld, etc. since this is the 3RD BB I've gotten in the last 2 weeks. Seems like there is always something!
    10-17-09 08:26 PM
    Is this a new BB from Verizon? I have three VZW/BIS devices and never had any issues changing the firewall settings. You should be able to change it on a VZW BIS device. Maybe if you activate the device the firewall will free up after it knows it's a BIS device.
    10-18-09 10:26 AM
    Check your firewall settings in options and make sure you have them disabled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 10:29 AM
    I brought the device from EBay, advertised as new, never activated, etc. It is now activated for personal use, so Verizon knows it's BIS. I am still unable to change the firewall to disable. It is set to enable and I cannot change it. I am unable to reset the settings within the firewall. I have rebooted. Still same problem. This is preventing me from loading 3rd party apps.
    10-18-09 01:38 PM
    By rebooting, did you do a battery pull? Also try sending service books and maybe registering it as well, then batt pull and try again.
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> scroll down and click Help> then click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

Also check your browser settings:
    Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD