i had posted a long time ago about how to conserve battery, but i have a few other questions if you dont mind answering..

i still witness my battery being drained kind of quick, dont know why.. my friend has the same BB for verizon and his last SO long.. i was told to update my OS and i did and i upgraded it again. it is currently at 5.0.0.654 and i may be wrong but the battery seems to drain still...

i only text and use the internet.. i hold down the menu to make sure no additional apps are running and they're not. i deleted my facebook and myspace app to.. dont really use apps. backlight turned all the way down. what could i do? what is it when my backlight sometimes turns bright when i scroll or text.. then it dims again.
    09-17-10 08:19 AM
    The dimming is a setting that adjusts your backlight to the light in the room.

Do you leave your GPS on? Are you in a bad signal area and searching for a signal alot? These two kill your battery. Also, 3G uses battery faster.

When you hold down the menu button, what apps are on the bar?
    09-17-10 08:38 AM
    I've noticed I've been running through battery life real quick on my curve as well. When I first got it,it did good. Now,a few months later,it's dying quick. I heard that groups on your BBM can kill your battery quick too. So I tried leaving the groups I was in and that didn't seem to help.
    09-17-10 08:46 AM
    when i hold it down.. i see black berry messenger, internet browser, home screen, phone, messages
    09-17-10 08:46 AM
    Are you in an area where the signal is poor? If the device is constantly searching for a signal that will drain the battery.

Do you use a holster or pouch with a magnet that puts the device to sleep when not in use?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-17-10 09:11 AM
    no i dont use a holster.. and here is another thing.. i use to be able to plug my usb into the phone and into my laptop to get files like pictures and videos off, but when i plug it in,it charges but nothing pops or is located under my computer. its not reading it all a sudden. was working fine a few days ago.
    09-17-10 09:22 AM
    my battery has been pretty good today.. barely missing any bars..

but something else i noticed.. when i get a text message and i go to it, the little line that blinks where your typing at ALWAYS appears in the conversation.. usually i go to the text and its ready to type in the box... but if i try typing it doesnt type anything because the scroller thing that blinks is in the middle of the text convo... just started doing it now..
    09-17-10 08:50 PM
    Increase battery life:
    1. Turn off WIFI and bluetooth
    2. exit/close applications that are not being used
    3. if you get a lot of messages (like 100 in 10min) with vibrate. it will kill your battery
    4. Use a newer hybrid OS. Most of them are way better than stock
    5. Keep battery cooler. if the battery feels hot, give it a break - lay it on a cool surface, or remove the back and let the battery 'breath'
    6. Avoid long term GPS use with out a charger attached
    7. Turn phone radio off if you have no signal. The phone will keep searching till it finds a signal or kills your battery.

I think that's all I've got for now
    09-17-10 11:20 PM
    ok.. i did a checklist. wifi and bluetooth already off.. i close all applications but there are like 4 that always stay on correct? i do keep it on vibrate a lot in class.. think i may put it on silent instead.. is that better? i dont use gps..
    09-17-10 11:24 PM
    sounds like a good start.

if you don't use GPS then go into your settings and set it to 911gps only. That way an app can't turn it on
    09-18-10 01:12 AM
    One extra tip: turn off notifications for groups. Not sure how much battery that'll save but it cuts down on unnecessary "updates".

Still working on reversing my BB's push technology into "DON'T push" technology... like in the case of Twitter app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 03:11 AM
    also... i noticed today that the button on the left side of my BB is not working.. like what i mean is it use to be my keyguard thing. i would press it and then it would lock my phone.. now i click it and it does nothing... could it of been re set since i updated my OS? how could i check?
    09-18-10 02:06 PM
    so i went into work today at 11 am... and currently have full battery bars right now.. use to be like half right now after i got home from work.
    09-19-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD