I'm hoping someone can help me out. I notice my screen goes blank white often with a little clock with moving hands in the middle. I get nervous when i see this because the first time i saw it, i lost everything in my berry. Yesterday it happened again for the millionth time or so. Today it happened again, followed by a jvm error 102 msg that i can't seem to reset. I have been trying since 1110 am this morning and i'm ready to give up. Is this a common issue with the 8900?
    08-03-09 03:24 PM
    not common at all..... get that looked into
    08-03-09 03:27 PM
    Sounds like you should either reload your OS or upgrade your OS... what OS are you running right now???

If you reload or upgrade, be sure to Backup everything using DM... you might want to use CrackMem to do a wipe of your device and then it will load your OS if you have it installed on your PC... then you can reload your personal information by using DM. You can also use how-back-up-3rd-party-applications to backup your 3rd party apps.
    08-03-09 03:35 PM
    Contact them for a new one if you're still on warranty. I've had mine since it came out in Feb and no problems
    08-03-09 03:36 PM
    I bet you have installed some 3rd party software that's doing it. It's not a normal thing at all. Start deleting stuff one by one.
    08-03-09 03:39 PM
    I bet you have installed some 3rd party software that's doing it. It's not a normal thing at all. Start deleting stuff one by one.

This was my initial thought....
    Probably a buggy application.
    08-03-09 04:02 PM
    i can't do anything with my wonderful bb8900. It does not want to reset.
    08-03-09 04:20 PM
    i can't do anything with my wonderful bb8900. It does not want to reset.
    Then I guess you should download CrackMem to your PC and an OS version of your choosing... and after both are installed on your PC start CrackMem and use the Wipe command.
    08-03-09 04:24 PM
    hereLet me google that for you

j/k anyways here are some URLs:

JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM -- - BlackBerry Curve - BlackBerry 8300 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    I had spent hours searching for a solution to this problem (I even went to my service provider) and all I could find was that I would have to wipe the contents of my phone and start all over again -- tough luck if I didn't have backups for my contacts, appointments, program data, etc.

What it comes down to is that the JVM 102 error means that a .cod file on your phone seems to be corrupt, so the phone refuses to load it. Why wipe everything for one bad file? You might not need to!

Follow these steps:

Download JL_Cmder

Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with it.

Run JL_Cmder and select option 2 (event log)

Scroll to the bottom of the log and look for "JVM Error 102." The line before it should tell you exactly what file is causing the error. It might look something like this. Save the file name; you will need it later.

Go to Start > Run, and type "cmd" then press Enter.

Change directory to the JL_Cmder installation folder.
    e.g., type: cd "C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\" and press enter

Type the following command to remove the offending file:

javaloader.exe -u erase -f FILENAME

where FILENAME is the name of the .cod file.

Disconnect your phone from your PC and restart it.

This might not be a permanent solution, but it should at least let you boot up your Blackberry so that you can back up all your data before reinstalling everything.

-- Shmoo
    and this one, which will wipe your BB
    JVM Error 102 - Step by Step Fix - Discussed in Blackberry Guides forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.
    08-03-09 04:26 PM
    Here is the link for http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/ and it's much easier in my opinion then JL_Cmder.
    08-03-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD