It just bothers me to see rumors spread, let alone rediculous ones, so I did my best to correct it.

12-14-07 12:33 PM
    That's true. I have not been able to find any specific reference to the illegality of disabling camera phone sounds in the USA. It's illegal in Korea and several other countries. Since many phone manufacturers sell the same phones in different countries, they may choose to comply by not allowing the sound to be disable on ANY of their phones.
    12-14-07 01:16 PM
    Does it really matter though? I mean does the shutter sound bother you that much?
    12-14-07 03:30 PM
    of course it bothers people. how you suspose to take a pic of a hot chick if she is going to hear the sound?
    12-14-07 04:07 PM
    Bothers me at times to when I want to sneak a pic of someone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-07 04:39 PM
    i wish i coulda take pics in class but i cant becuase of the sounds
    12-15-07 01:02 AM
    Rather I am taking a picture of a sexy female to sho w my friends or someone I know I REALLY just dont want to hear that sound. I have it disabled on my digital camera also.
    12-17-07 07:48 AM
    What I wonder is why there is no way to make it so NO sounds come out of the BlackBerry at all...like the switch from the Palm Treos. That is EXACTLY what these devices need. The camera sound only bothers me when I am trying to take a photo in a quiet place...one in which I would have the phone on silent!
    12-17-07 08:16 AM
    I'm sure there is a code in an Alx file somewhere that you can disable the sound, or mute it, or replace it with a sound file that has no sound.
    12-17-07 10:37 AM
    Once someone finds this out let us know because I know this sound sucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-07 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD