OOOhhhhh you're always allowed everywhere I always come back to visit the 8330ers too!
    09-02-09 10:43 AM
    Going from Storm to the Curve is a downgrade in terms of hardware and OS. Camera, larger screen, newer OS, internal memory, etc ...

As far as functionality goes (IN MY OPINION) i don't think it's a downgrade.
    When i first signed up with VZW in April 09, i started with the Storm. I had it for 29 days and traded it in for the Curve.

I liked the Storm and it's multimedia features. It was cool having such a huge screen and "the latest" cool BB. I enjoyed it!

What got me to switch back to the Curve was i missed the core phone functions of my Curve, physical keyboard, and the feature to assign a speed-dial to every letter!
    I don't want to drag this post out ...

If i were you, i would swap the Storm for the TOUR if possible. If it is not possible, then go with the Curve. I don't miss my Storm, and look forward to the day i can upgrade my Curve to the Tour.

Hope this helps.

BTW, why are you thinking about going to a curve?
    What don't you like about Storm?
    Just curious.
    Basically I had the dare and wanted the storm for the screen and plus the camera(3.2). I think I am just tired of the touch and u nailed it in ur post about its not a downgrade when it comes to the functionality and that is probably why. I miss the simplicity of making a call and the speed dials plus I don't care for the flashyness. I don't need that much memory. But the tour would probably be better because of rhapsody. Unless there is another site I can use to get music or rent the songs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 11:21 AM
    Going from Storm to the Curve is a downgrade in terms of hardware and OS. Camera, larger screen, newer OS, internal memory, etc ...

As far as functionality goes (IN MY OPINION) i don't think it's a downgrade.
    When i first signed up with VZW in April 09, i started with the Storm. I had it for 29 days and traded it in for the Curve.

I liked the Storm and it's multimedia features. It was cool having such a huge screen and "the latest" cool BB. I enjoyed it!

What got me to switch back to the Curve was i missed the core phone functions of my Curve, physical keyboard, and the feature to assign a speed-dial to every letter!
    I don't want to drag this post out ...

If i were you, i would swap the Storm for the TOUR if possible. If it is not possible, then go with the Curve. I don't miss my Storm, and look forward to the day i can upgrade my Curve to the Tour.

Hope this helps.

BTW, why are you thinking about going to a curve?
    What don't you like about Storm?
    Just curious.

And I have played with the curve and tour. Again if it wasn't for the music I would get the curve. I use my phone with the jabra bluetooth for the FM trans and I just rent the songs for the $14.99 vs buying them. But overall the storm is cool but I just want a bb with simplicity. No more portrait or landscape just one way like the curve. I mean sometimes when I'm comfortable when I'm laying down and typing or viewing the phone I have to change positions because of the landscape/portrait feature lol. But that's not a huge deal lol just saying.

09-02-09 11:36 AM
    Thnx ya'll, I will report back of my likes/dislikes when I get it. Yes, the 8330 is a very stable/reliable/durable/outstanding BB.

I will swing by here and there to my fellow 8330 user's and abuser's. I will also continue to give help/feedback to fellow 8330 addicts.

I will still be a 8330 addict till the 3rd, then its onto the 8900. Also, I just might sell or give my 8330 away for $0! Yup, ya heard it right $0!

Well, I'm having brain farts here so that's the time to stop.

Thnx, �Tripster�

well i hate to sound like i am just trying to jump on something you said was free, but next month when you upgrade, id be happy to take that off your hands! im working on buliding hybrids and i need a test subject. ill pay you for it!
    09-03-09 01:51 AM
    Speaking of the 8330, should I trade in my storm for it? I'm still on my 30day trial and have till the 14th of this month. Outside of the screen and rhapsody and camera/video quality, would the 8330(verizon) be a down grade?

The Curve is a great phone, I'm sure you'd love it. I'm sure you'd get used to the Storm though. I believe there's a restocking fee for swapping phones.
    09-03-09 08:40 AM
    The Curve is a great phone, I'm sure you'd love it. I'm sure you'd get used to the Storm though. I believe there's a restocking fee for swapping phones.
    I was not charged a restocking fee, but i did sign up with VZW at my local Best Buy. When i returned my Storm for the Curve, Best Buy was having a BlackBerry sale and i actually got $50 back from the cost difference between the Storm and Curve.
    09-03-09 09:27 AM
    Basically I had the dare and wanted the storm for the screen and plus the camera(3.2). I think I am just tired of the touch and u nailed it in ur post about its not a downgrade when it comes to the functionality and that is probably why. I miss the simplicity of making a call and the speed dials plus I don't care for the flashyness. I don't need that much memory. But the tour would probably be better because of rhapsody. Unless there is another site I can use to get music or rent the songs?

There was a short time where i decided to let go of my BB Curve and use a dumb/regular phone, so i got the LG Dare. I did this because i was neglecting my family and spending too much time on my BB. Yes, my wife brought it to my attention, but I was the one who made the choice to get rid of the BB. Anyway, I loved the Dare as a phone, and was very impressed with the battery life and camera, and the touch screen wasn't as bad as using the Storm. Well, after 2 months of having the Dare my company got us BB Curves and now i am using one again. LOL Except this time i am not using it as much as i previously did. I realized how unimportant technology is and how nice it felt not to be wearing an electronic leash. I still enjoy my Curve, and use it daily, and will never use another brand than BlackBerry though.

Now i forgot where i was going with this ...

Well, go with the TOUR!
    09-03-09 09:32 AM
    BTW, sorry for hijacking your thread TRIPSTER. (c;
    09-03-09 09:35 AM
    Don't Worry bRother! Were not mad at ya! Its not like you left us for the iphone

Cya around

09-03-09 10:34 AM
    [QUOTE=wryun;350
    Well, go with the TOUR! [/QUOTE]

Well because I can add the difference of the tour to my bill and pay later, I will get the tour. Thanks for ur response and good luck to the OP.

09-03-09 01:16 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD