Well I will be going to the dark side of the moon and switching to the 8900, its been a blast with my 8330.

Its just time to change, what a good time to change at that. Its not cause I hate the 8330, its just well....just want to change.

Will I get bashed for going to the darker side of the moon, yes. Well I've been biking for 7 hours now so I still got 4 hours left in me, for that peace!

P.S. I will explain more on the switch when I'm not on an adrenaline rush/high. Its my bad mods if this is in the wrong forum.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 04:18 PM
    You can always visit us die hards...
    08-31-09 04:25 PM
    I'll probably be doing the same next year when I'm eligible to upgrade.

08-31-09 04:41 PM
    I always thought "the dark side of the moon" started with "I" (as in iPhone) lol

08-31-09 04:55 PM
    Your still a Crackberry addict, Trip! Come back for a visit when you can! ;-). Good luck with your upgrade!

08-31-09 05:05 PM
    The Curve is an amazing device, but hey i'll even admit there are some better, faster phones out there but hey going from a BB to a newer BB = win
    08-31-09 05:30 PM
    Let me know how you like it. I am thinking of changing.... but I do love my 8330!!
    08-31-09 05:33 PM
    Six months prior to renewing my contract I hope US Cellular will have a BB Bold or something better, I will only buy Blackberry
    08-31-09 05:38 PM
    Yeah I may be going to the 9630 if they ever fix the issues, lol
    But untill then you can't beat the reliability of the 8330 series.

08-31-09 05:38 PM
    Well I will be going to the dark side of the moon and switching to the 8900, its been a blast with my 8330.

Its just time to change, what a good time to change at that. Its not cause I hate the 8330, its just well....just want to change.

Will I get bashed for going to the darker side of the moon, yes. Well I've been biking for 7 hours now so I still got 4 hours left in me, for that peace!

P.S. I will explain more on the switch when I'm not on an adrenaline rush/high. Its my bad mods if this is in the wrong forum.

Thnx, •Tripster•

Enjoy the new 8900! I am moving to the 9530 later this week, but I am still keeping my 8330 clpose by so I can change things up a bit. My ADD or crackberry addiction keeps me flipping between BBs every couple of months. Having 3 to play with until the Storm II is reasonable should do the trick. See you around the forums.

08-31-09 06:09 PM
    I always thought "the dark side of the moon" started with "I" (as in iPhone) lol

I thought the Storm was the dark side....lol

08-31-09 06:10 PM
    Way to go Tripster .... we'll be here waiting when it freezes up on ya (kidding). LOL!
    08-31-09 06:11 PM
    Thnx ya'll, I will report back of my likes/dislikes when I get it. Yes, the 8330 is a very stable/reliable/durable/outstanding BB.

I will swing by here and there to my fellow 8330 user's and abuser's. I will also continue to give help/feedback to fellow 8330 addicts.

I will still be a 8330 addict till the 3rd, then its onto the 8900. Also, I just might sell or give my 8330 away for $0! Yup, ya heard it right $0!

Well, I'm having brain farts here so that's the time to stop.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-31-09 06:12 PM
    Thnx ya'll, I will report back of my likes/dislikes when I get it. Yes, the 8330 is a very stable/reliable/durable/outstanding BB.

I will swing by here and there to my fellow 8330 user's and abuser's. I will also continue to give help/feedback to fellow 8330 addicts.
    Good deal. I was hoping you'd do that.

Good luck with the 8900. I've had mine for almost 2 months and it is a
    truly stellar device. You'll be very happy with it.
    08-31-09 06:50 PM
    Good deal. I was hoping you'd do that.

Good luck with the 8900. I've had mine for almost 2 months and it is a
    truly stellar device. You'll be very happy with it.
    Just on 1 condition, I do not want to be called a "Troll". I will be fine with being called a "Furby".....that was very random. Lol!

I know I will love my new 8900, ya'll have my promise I will only invest in BB's, nothing else. Thnx AG! :-)

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-31-09 07:00 PM
    I'm glad to hear that the 8330 is thought of so highly!..I just bought one from my friend who moved to the iPhone, and it's my first BB(first smartphone in general, actually) and I'm really curious to discover all the stuff this thing can do. pretty n00bish when it comes to BB and smartphones...but then, everyone was a n00b at one point.
    08-31-09 07:06 PM
    I am about to jump ship too for the 8900, as soon as Rogers gets stock and ships it.

The 8310 was my first and will always be remembered fondly. But it will live on! My g/f will inherit this one so it's all good. Get rid of her dumbphone and finally get with a BB. She has been resisting but after I accidentally step on her Motorola phone she won't have a choice.
    08-31-09 07:09 PM
    Well ya'll its aboot that time to hibernate till the 3rd, I would never do that to my fellow addicts. Ttyl peace!

What I mean is I'm heading to bed, G'Night!

Last edited by Tripster; 08-31-09 at 07:51 PM.
    08-31-09 07:45 PM
    If it's RIM it's still the light side.
    08-31-09 08:49 PM
    UPDATE: I will not be getting the 8900 till next month when my buddy will be able to give me a 60% off the retail price!

09-01-09 07:02 PM
    Good luck with your new device!!!
    Remember, you'll always be a Crackberry addict..
    09-01-09 09:03 PM
    You will always be a part of the brotherhood! Haha. And keep that 8330 just in case...

09-02-09 01:55 AM
    Well I will be going to the dark side of the moon and switching to the 8900, its been a blast with my 8330 ...
    A BlackBerry is a BlackBerry my friend. You should not get bashed for upgrading your BB. When i read "darker side of the moon" i was expecting "i am switching the the iPhone". LOL
    I have wondered at times if i would jump ship and get the iPhone when/if it comes to VZW. Then i realize how good my BB has been to me, and how much more useful it is than an iPhone. I used to own an iTouch, and it is very cool! But i don't think i will ever go with a phone without a physical keyboard. I tried the Storm ... went back to my 8330.

I think most of us who have an 8330 are envious. At least i am. For me, i have a curve because i am not eligible for an upgrade to the Tour. My upgrade kicks in Dec 2010, so i still have a little over a year ...

Anyway, enjoy the upgrade!
    Last edited by wryun; 09-02-09 at 10:05 AM.
    09-02-09 10:02 AM
    Speaking of the 8330, should I trade in my storm for it? I'm still on my 30day trial and have till the 14th of this month. Outside of the screen and rhapsody and camera/video quality, would the 8330(verizon) be a down grade?

09-02-09 10:28 AM
    Speaking of the 8330, should I trade in my storm for it? I'm still on my 30day trial and have till the 14th of this month. Outside of the screen and rhapsody and camera/video quality, would the 8330(verizon) be a down grade?

Going from Storm to the Curve is a downgrade in terms of hardware and OS. Camera, larger screen, newer OS, internal memory, etc ...

As far as functionality goes (IN MY OPINION) i don't think it's a downgrade.
    When i first signed up with VZW in April 09, i started with the Storm. I had it for 29 days and traded it in for the Curve.

I liked the Storm and it's multimedia features. It was cool having such a huge screen and "the latest" cool BB. I enjoyed it!

What got me to switch back to the Curve was i missed the core phone functions of my Curve, physical keyboard, and the feature to assign a speed-dial to every letter!
    I don't want to drag this post out ...

If i were you, i would swap the Storm for the TOUR if possible. If it is not possible, then go with the Curve. I don't miss my Storm, and look forward to the day i can upgrade my Curve to the Tour.

Hope this helps.

BTW, why are you thinking about going to a curve?
    What don't you like about Storm?
    Just curious.
    Last edited by wryun; 09-02-09 at 10:45 AM.
    09-02-09 10:42 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD