I tried the speed test app from extreme labs on my wi fi and my download speed is 1.5mb/s not to bad i tested it with just the Telus Iden network 13.2kb/s which is absolutley pathetic./.. WOW

WHat are speeds on Telus PCS network or Rogers or Bell does anyone know, i know its Iden but just curious what the speed would be on other networks.. Hmmm next BlackBerry deifnetly will not be on the Iden network.
    03-05-09 06:13 PM
    lol that's funny but ridiculous how bad the typical iden network is but hey, maybe wifi will be everywhere someday!
    03-05-09 06:51 PM
    What I find funny is how people go to the latest and greatest technology (3G) and then look at technology that's 10-12 years old, and try and compare.

It's been repeated often, by many. If we didn't need the direct connect portion of this phone, we'd be on a faster network.
    But, it's plenty fast for email, and I really need the DC. No complaints.
    03-05-09 07:42 PM
    What I find funny is how people go to the latest and greatest technology (3G) and then look at technology that's 10-12 years old, and try and compare.

It's been repeated often, by many. If we didn't need the direct connect portion of this phone, we'd be on a faster network.
    I concur! Very well said my man!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 07:55 PM
    i hardly use my dc but love the phone! when i do dc it feels like magic though! I really just dont wanna leave my nextel and now my black berry too!
    03-05-09 08:05 PM
    Amen brother... Chirp Chirp , I love it
    03-05-09 09:52 PM
    Hey, it gets the job done. Its a work phone and we got wifi when we need to play.

03-05-09 10:31 PM
    to the starter of this thread....I say....go complain elsewhere you will get no love here! Pish posh be gone with you! get another phone then if your not happy I love my 8350i DIRECT CONNECT!!!! CHIRP CHIRP!!!
    03-06-09 12:31 AM
    Speaking of CHIRP CHIRP....how do I get the Moto alert sound on RIM?
    03-06-09 06:28 AM
    Speaking of CHIRP CHIRP....how do I get the Moto alert sound on RIM?
    If you search these forums, I saw it posted here once in a thread, the original alert tone...
    03-06-09 08:10 AM
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3545/...b5d83b82_m.jpg
    Nextel speeds in south florida. Not bad!

03-06-09 11:42 AM
    Its great went you see other blackberry users and you use your chirp..... What a rush!!!
    03-06-09 12:23 PM
    Chirpheads Unite! lol
    03-06-09 02:10 PM
    yes the chirp chirp is cool especially when other BB users see ya,they must say "I wish I could do that!
    03-06-09 03:16 PM
    it can be so convienient at times. my girl uses it to get me up sometimes when i dont pick up the phone. it can also get annoying though when my mom hits me up during awkward times. you know times when you really dont wanna hear her voice. or even worse, times when you can't. She doesnt stop either. sometimes she jumps right into embarrassing information.
    for ex. *hey do you remember that time you wet the bed and thought you were going to go to helll for it?* ten seconds later...* werent you in high school then?* left your phone on your desk and stepped out for a min. to come back and wonder why everybody is snickering...
    03-06-09 03:28 PM
    its ok guys, my bold with 3G in the middle of manhattan only gets 70kbps down with this speed test. even the wifi speeds are on the low side.

the app is obviously flawed since when i tether, i get 1mbps+ using speedtest.net in the same exact position.

so no need to fret. i'm sure the network isn't THAT bad.
    03-06-09 03:34 PM
    it be nice to have a tethering mode but if i can access wifi to do it then??? but 70kbps is way better than 17.4kbps. its all good for me cause i use opera mini and bolt for browsing. works especially well for this phone!
    03-06-09 03:43 PM
    Who needs to load huge pages on a phone though? I mean, most of the popular sites have apps like cnn, ebay, bank of america, etc. If you have to watch youtube, do it on a computer.

03-06-09 06:47 PM

I cuncur. Another thing some might have not know. On 9/11 when all Cellular Networks were down, I could still get through to my family in NYC through Direct Connect. I'll never change from Nextel. 10 year Nextel Subscriber.
    03-06-09 08:41 PM
    Im not complaining about the speed, it was just a shocking observation. I didnt know that Iden was exactly that slow. I was just making a statement..
    03-07-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD