Hello,

My apartment that I recently moved into has HORRIBLE service with my Curve! I can't make a steady call, and it will drop out of service constantly just sitting there. I'm wondering if there is any kind of external antenna that I can make myself to attach to my Curve while in my apartment. Even if it isn't portable or flashy, I just want to be able to set my phone on my desk and receive my text messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-15-09 09:56 PM
    Do not know of any antenna for a a bb. I believe sprint has a femtocell that would make it like you have cell tower in your apt. You will need high speed net connection and a router to use it though.
    08-15-09 10:15 PM
    Eh, that's $100 + a monthly fee, though. I'm trying to think of something cheaper and less technical.
    08-15-09 10:18 PM
    Eh, that's $100 + a monthly fee, though. I'm trying to think of something cheaper and less technical.
    I do think there is anything else less techincal. WOW sprint charges a monthly fee for this. Interesting.
    08-15-09 10:31 PM
    I just ordered one of these. Hasn't arrived yet, but I'm hoping that it works okay when I get it. Worth a shot.

Amazon.com: Wireless Extenders YX300/PCS/CEL Dualband Wireless Personal Booster: Cell Phones & Service
    08-16-09 12:29 AM
    I just ordered one of these. Hasn't arrived yet, but I'm hoping that it works okay when I get it. Worth a shot.

Amazon.com: Wireless Extenders YX300/PCS/CEL Dualband Wireless Personal Booster: Cell Phones & Service
    Please let me know how that works! I ordered one of those "internal antenna boosters" off eBay for a buck, so I figured it was worth giving it a shot.
    08-16-09 08:06 AM
    You just threw away a buck. Those have been proven by numerous testers not to work.

With folks who have no service at their residence, a discussion with customer service or retention can often get you an Airave for free, with the monthly charge waived.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 08:49 AM
    ...With folks who have no service at their residence, a discussion with customer service or retention can often get you an Airave for free, with the monthly charge waived.
    No such luck for me. I called Sprint at least 5 times a week and even chatted online regarding my dropped/missed calls and bad service in my apartment. I was offered the AirRave for $50 but I would've had to pay the $10 or $15 extra a month, depending on what plan I wanted. How did I solve the problem? I switched to AT&T
    08-16-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD