Ok I got a problem here! I hooked up my bb to dl some pictures and the dm said I had updates. So I ran them and something failed and didn't finish updating. It rebooted and now the phone is showing all kinds of errors and will not run normal. It is only shows the black berry platform screen. I can't exit out of that screen and get to the main screen at all. I tried to restore it 2 times and every time it get to the phone call log restore point it stops. Any help on how to fix this or just reset the phone back to factory setting. Help PLEASE bb curve 8530 pos

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by butter11; 12-23-10 at 09:36 PM.
    12-23-10 09:34 PM
    Have you tried wiping the phone and then reinstalling the OS? At this point seems like one of the only options left
    12-23-10 09:37 PM
    How do I wipe the phone when I can't navigate anywhere on it And then reinstall that?

12-23-10 09:43 PM
    Will it do anything if you plug it into your pc and run the BB desktop software? Maybe delete things that way? Have you pulled the battery? Just some suggestions.
    12-23-10 09:46 PM
    1. Download and Install the OS:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

2. Download BBSAK and install:
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

3. If you can back up your info via DM.

4. Open BBSAK and choose to wipe device.

5. Go to: C:/ > Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Research in Motion > apploader

6. Delete vendor.xml and run loader.exe

Hopefully your blackberry can still be recoginzed by the pc. If it reinstalls the OS just restore your back up file and your good to go.
    12-23-10 09:46 PM
    Ok well I can go into the options but its telling me that files are missing. Don't know which ones though

12-23-10 09:53 PM
    Ok well I can go into the options but its telling me that files are missing. Don't know which ones though

12-23-10 09:59 PM
    Well nothing has worked. I guess all the register files have been 86 off the phone from a update. What a POS. Can't wait to get the EVO tomorrow now!

12-23-10 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD