I received a replacement for my first Blackberry Curve 3G 9330 yesterday. When I activated this device, I noticed that its layout seems different than my old one, even though I never customized anything. I became further disappointed to see that if I attempt to use any of the social networking applications- Facebook, Twitter, or Myspace- I receive an error message saying that I am currently on a service plan that does not support the application and to contact my service provider to upgrade my data plan. Obviously since I already had a curve that worked just fine on the $30 a month data plan I had to upgrade to when I purchased that phone in the Verizon store, I do have the proper data package for these applications to be able to function. Furthermore, I cannot send or receive any MMS messages, it won't even show as an option. For example, if I try to send a picture message, sending the photo by text message is not even an option. I called Verizon but I was told that I had all the right data and it should work just fine- so why is this happening? Any suggestions? Considering that I am paying so much for usage of this device I would really prefer to be able to get the FULL usage out of my phone
    03-30-11 07:41 AM
    Man, that sucks. My only advice is to take it to Verizon or another service station to have a professional look at your setup. Since it is a replacement there could be a problem? Not to sure. Best of luck though.

Oh and have you pulled your batter?
    03-31-11 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD