Whenever I do a battery pull I get the following message when the phone boots back up "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" with a box that requires me to click "OK" before the phone will do anything. I thought that whatever was going on wasn't causing any problems but since this message has started coming up I no longer see my missed calls. I will get the icon for a missed call but I can not see the information of the missed caller. I have tried to reload my software which is current but have not been able to do that. Whenever I try to load the software using the desktop software it tells me that I have the most recent device software and doesn't give me an option to reload. Anybody have any ideas?
    09-09-09 11:06 AM
    Are you running a theme other than a stock one? If so switch to a stock theme and then do a battery pull. Then you should be able to switch back to which ever theme you were possibly running.
    09-09-09 11:36 AM
    I'm using a stock theme. I have had QuickPullinstalled on the phone for about six months and used it to do a scheduled reset every night. This worked with no problems. About two weeks ago I woke up to find the error message I typed eqarlier on the screen when I reached for the phone to go to work. Now everytime I reboot the phone either will QuickPull or manually pulling the battery I get the error message.
    09-09-09 12:51 PM
    What apps have you added to your BB?
    09-09-09 01:05 PM
    have you removed any language packs through the DM???
    09-09-09 02:30 PM
    The phone has been unchanged for probably about a year now. No new applications and no changes to the languages. The error just appeared over night while the phone was charging about a week or so ago.
    09-09-09 04:55 PM
    What OS are you running? If it has been unchanged there maybe an issue with the OS and an application that has had an update you have on the BB.
    09-09-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD