Blackberry 8530, email enterprise activation won't work. I've discussed the problem with both Sprint and our IT department at work without resolving the issue. Both say it should be working. Sprint's latest suggestion is to exchange the phone for a new one. (Which would be my third phone in a week since first getting the 8520)

It retries, then occasionally the screen pops up to say the enterprise server hasn't responded with the options to continue or cancel.

Ideas on what to do? I'll be heading to the Sprint store this afternoon to either exchange the device or get something completely different.
    01-30-10 01:40 PM
    Yeah, Have your IT remove your account on the BES, readd and make sure your PIN matches your device pin. If your BB is able to access the internet, then the phone is working as it should. As well if you are able to Pin message, then you are also able to connect to the RIM infrastructure just fine.
    01-30-10 04:20 PM
    I had this happen over break and that ended up being the correct solution that fixed everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 08:32 PM
    what is enterprise activation all about??? Is it useful for them who have BB?? please tell me asap!!!
    07-12-10 02:43 PM
    Delete BES Acct, and choose option to REMOVE info from mail system
    Wipe Device
    Re-add the BES user and set Activation pword
    Run Ent. Activation from device
    Watch Outlook SPAM folder/quarantine, etc, to make sure etp.dat email doesn't get caught up.
    Make sure you are using the primary SMTP email address when activating.

If you are still having trouble after that, you could try doing a wired activation, if you have physical access to the BES
    07-12-10 03:18 PM
    what is enterprise activation all about??? Is it useful for them who have BB?? please tell me asap!!!
    Enterprise activation is what connects your phone to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Not something you'd want to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD