Do your emails have to show up in the main messages folder? I would much rather use that just for sms, and have my emails separate as I have 3 email accounts (with 3 different logos already)

Thanks for any help.
    06-10-10 01:07 AM
    What device model?
    What OS version on the device?

If you are on an OS version below 5.0, you cannot stop emails from going to the Message icon.

The "Messages" icon by default is the repository of all messages. You can separate out the SMS and MMS into an different folder, however.

Open the Messages list. Press Menu. Select Options. Select General options and scroll to the option to separate the SMS.

Then if you want to use the individual Email icons for your email, just HIDE the Messages icon.
    06-10-10 05:37 AM
    My OS i 4.5.0.138, can I upgrade? I did separate out the SMS and MMS into a different folder and hid the other one. I guess if I can upgrade then I can keep them from going into the main messages folder?
    06-10-10 02:55 PM
    My OS i 4.5.0.138, can I upgrade?
    You would need to state what model number you have in order for anyone to answer that question.

I did separate out the SMS and MMS into a different folder and hid the other one. I guess if I can upgrade then I can keep them from going into the main messages folder?
    If you separated out the SMS/MMS, then they will no longer go into the Messages folder.
    06-10-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD