Hey all, still getting fully accustomed to the blackberry. I just was in my email, and was licking all the menus and options, I notice the following. When I click on "View Folders" I would expect to see Inbox, Sent, Deleted, Spam, etc... For each email I have set up. Here's the weird thing... I have 2 emails set up, but when I click on view folder, I see 5 inboxes, each with only a spam sub folder, followed by: Missed calls, MMS inbox, MMS outbox, Phone call logs, SMS inbox, SMS outbox, SMS Sim Card inbox and WAP messages.

2 questions: 1) Where are my sent and deleted folders? 2) Why are there 5 inboxes set up, when I only check 2?

Thanks for helping out a n00b!

04-28-09 09:28 PM
    1 - Sent messages are displayed in the messages folder (they have a check mark next to them) if you have that option set. Messages > BB Button > Options > General Oprions > Hide Sent Messages = NO.
    There is no Deleted folder.

2 - I have 4 Inbox folders and 4 e-mails set up. Not sure why you have more.
    Last edited by mrtolles; 04-29-09 at 01:56 AM.
    04-29-09 01:53 AM
    Hi all me too having the same problem. Only setup 3 email in my bb 9000, but there are 5 inbox in view folder. It was started once my email account has missing from my bis setting - I don't know why they are gone, any idea? -then after - re-setup my email (bb,yahoo,gmail) then check view folder, there are 5 inbox folder. Please help how to delete the rest? Many thanks in advance..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 09:36 AM
    I have 5 folders... but also have 5 emails set up...... you must have some other email accounts on your BB....
    05-04-09 09:40 AM
    Hi all me too having the same problem. Only setup 3 email in my bb 9000, but there are 5 inbox in view folder. It was started once my email account has missing from my bis setting - I don't know why they are gone, any idea? -then after - re-setup my email (bb,yahoo,gmail) then check view folder, there are 5 inbox folder. Please help how to delete the rest? Many thanks in advance..

You don't delete all of your email icons... just Hide them if you don't want to see them... also remember if you change themes, the new theme does not know about the hidden settings in the old theme.
    05-04-09 09:41 AM
    Additional info, check from my service book, only 3 service book for email there. Equal with the my only 3 email setup in my bold. Thx.

05-04-09 09:43 AM
    I've noticed that fatboy97 (thank you for your Naval service) but it is not on the main dashboard where i see the folders. It is only when i am in the messages application and then click the BB button, and then "View Folders". that is where i have 5 inboxes. On my main dash i did just what you said, I had 3 email folders (1 is the messages app, the other 2 are my emails I check). I hid the 2 others, and kept the messages one.
    Last edited by stevez48; 05-04-09 at 09:49 AM.
    05-04-09 09:45 AM
    Hi stevez48, can you pls to check the service book? Optiion -> advance -> service book. That should be only 3 email account there-considering you just have 3 email account, the same as mine. But surely there are 5 inbox in view folder.

05-04-09 10:08 AM
    Hi stevez48, can you pls to check the service book? Optiion -> advance -> service book. That should be only 3 email account there-considering you just have 3 email account, the same as mine. But surely there are 5 inbox in view folder.

05-04-09 10:14 AM
    I have 4 emails and 4 corresponding folders in-boxes. And of course one for mms and one for sms. I think most of us only have one for each set-up email account. There's a couple ways to see how many accounts you have set up. First, go to Options-advanced options, then select service book. Scroll down the entries and you should see two entries for each account you have set up - one CICAL and one CMIME. You will be able to see if you have any additional email accounts you forgot about. If you do, or not, click on your manage internet email option to go to your provider's site, there you can delete the emails you don't want, if you have one you forgot about, then click service book, then click send service book to update your device. You will want to send service books even if you don't have one you forgot about, this should update your berry and remove the extra folder.

05-04-09 10:39 AM
    Thanks Exelant for your helpful explanation. As I mentioned that I have only setup 3 email acct and there are 5 inbox in view folder. Then I just now delete the 2 email (yahoo & gmail) from my bis website, and left only one my bis email account. Check the service book only one email service (CICAL & CMIME). Then finally I go to message and view folder... All the five inbox folders still there!! Please friends help me what's going on (:
    I'm sure if I just add my previously deleted 2 email account, then the inbox would be 7?

05-04-09 11:38 AM
    Add info, I already send the service book to update my email setting and pull out the batt, but the 5 inbox folder still there. Thanks..

05-04-09 11:42 AM
    Dear stevez48 and all,

Finally i got something that seem really works:
    (from blackberrystormfront)

If you happen to delete email accounts that you had initially set up on your Blackberry Storm it just so happens the folders may be left behind. You will notice this if you are viewing your messages and select “View Folders”. A list of all your folders will show up such as SMS Inbox, SMS Outbox, etc. You may notice some folders that say Inbox and have a Spam subfolder. These may be left behind after deletion of an old email account. Luckily they are simple to remove but impossible to find directions on the internet on how to accomplish this task. That is of course until this post made it to Blackberry Storm Front. Here is the simple answer so you can have a nice tidy folder list.

Connect your Blackberry Storm to your PC. Open the Desktop Manager application and go to the Backup/Restore function. Click “Advanced”. Once inside select the “Folders” database and hit Clear. The application will prompt you to confirm and all the empty folders should be removed.

Note - Do a quick database backup before this just in case you need to restore anything - it’s just a good habit when changing things on your Storm in case anything goes wrong.

Below is what your folder list should look like if it’s nice and tidy. If you have additional items that say Inbox with a subfolder Spam and you know they are leftover from previously deleted accounts than perform this tip.

Hope this can help...
    cheers.
    jusmac
    05-05-09 02:05 AM
    jusmac> Nice find. Not that I ever use my message folder, but I too had some extra folders ( which I had never noticed till this post) which I have managed to clear up now.
    05-05-09 03:21 AM
    cool. i'll try what jusmac found. i just noticed the multiple inbox/spam folders on my bold.
    05-05-09 01:55 PM
    great info from all of ya... Thank you very much, I am going to give this a go when I get home tonight...
    05-05-09 02:17 PM
    Hi all.. It's works for me. Now I have a tidy inbox folders. Have a nice try and glad can help..

05-05-09 07:02 PM
    Yup me too. Very cool thanks!!

05-05-09 07:05 PM
    i dont have PC, i use mac.
    HOw can i do this?
    05-19-09 05:06 PM
    Dear stevez48 and all,

Finally i got something that seem really works:
    (from blackberrystormfront)

If you happen to delete email accounts that you had initially set up on your Blackberry Storm it just so happens the folders may be left behind. You will notice this if you are viewing your messages and select �View Folders�. A list of all your folders will show up such as SMS Inbox, SMS Outbox, etc. You may notice some folders that say Inbox and have a Spam subfolder. These may be left behind after deletion of an old email account. Luckily they are simple to remove but impossible to find directions on the internet on how to accomplish this task. That is of course until this post made it to Blackberry Storm Front. Here is the simple answer so you can have a nice tidy folder list.

Connect your Blackberry Storm to your PC. Open the Desktop Manager application and go to the Backup/Restore function. Click �Advanced�. Once inside select the �Folders� database and hit Clear. The application will prompt you to confirm and all the empty folders should be removed.

Note - Do a quick database backup before this just in case you need to restore anything - it�s just a good habit when changing things on your Storm in case anything goes wrong.

Below is what your folder list should look like if it�s nice and tidy. If you have additional items that say Inbox with a subfolder Spam and you know they are leftover from previously deleted accounts than perform this tip.

Hope this can help...
    cheers.
    jusmac
    FINALLY! The answer I have been looking for for months! This works...just always remember to do a backup first, just in case. Thank you!!!!
    05-26-09 11:24 PM
    Clearing the folders in the Backup-Advanced, well, that worked alright. But I'm connected to an exchange server and it removed all my folders for my MAILBOX on the exchange server. To get them back you must disable folder redirection (Mailbox-Options-Email Redirection) and then save it. Then go back in and enable it and save it. This brought back all the folders on the Exhchange Server.
    asterismW likes this.
    06-09-09 02:09 PM
    will this delete anything from the folders?(such as texts)...
    and if i backup ,clear folders, then restore wouldnt the extra folders appear again?
    06-13-09 04:25 PM
    I had my 8830 set to redirect messages for selected folders to Blackberry subfolders (with Blackberry Enterprise Server and Microsoft Exchange). I had two main folders on the Blackberry both named �Mailbox - (my name)� and both containing the subfolders I designated for forwarding. All of the subfolders in the first folder were empty while the subfolders in the other folder had the email I wanted to keep. I tried the method described by JusMac, but lost both folders (and all their subfolders)completely. I did turn message redirection off, save the configuration, then turn it back on and save it again to restore the folders I want to keep, but the folders didn�t seem to reappear when I reconciled email. I did a restore, but of course that just brought me back to where I was when I started. Is there any way to do this without losing the subfolders and messages I already have on the Blackberry? RazorV, did your approach bring back the messages that were in your folders before they disappeared, or just the folders themselves.
    06-18-09 02:23 PM
    Is there any app to make the e-mails be put like in a Microsoft outlook
    06-18-09 03:19 PM
    Thanks! that worked...but now when I go to View Folders there are no inbox folders for my 2 emails accounts which still work? is this normal?
    11-25-09 07:56 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD