I have read all the emails on my BB curve, but my "unread" email counter still shows one (1) unread email. When I access that mailbox, it displays "No new messages".

Why does this happen, and more importantly, how do I get my counter to read "0"?
    01-26-09 02:40 PM
    Try checking all of your folders saved messages too, if that is not try changing your theme, if that doesn't work just connect to the dm and do a backup, then follow these steps
    1. after doing the backup, go to the main screen and click backup and restore, then go to advanced
    2. in this screen you will see two white boxes the one on the right is your database for the phone.
    3. scroll down till you see messages
    4. highlight it and you will see a the clear button come up just to the bottom of that list
    5. click clear and that will clear out your messages, in turn getting rid of the 1 unread icon
    Last edited by addict83; 01-26-09 at 02:52 PM.
    01-26-09 02:43 PM
    I'm on BES (and don't use the DM) and this seems to happen on rare occasions but it did happen this weekend. I deleted all my messages(something I do every other day), checked all my folders, and did a battery pull - to no avail. Sometime on Sunday it "self corrected".
    I may try the steps above next time.
    BTW - Welcome to CB!
    01-26-09 04:17 PM
    Go to the messages folder. Press T to highlight the current date (at the top of your list). Press the menu key and choose "Mark Prior Read." That should take care of it.
    01-26-09 04:20 PM
    doubleshot
    covered it.
    01-26-09 04:21 PM
    i have this same problem, it shows (1) in my push - gmail account. I tried all the above thigns, no luck. Anything else?
    02-10-09 02:16 PM
    I just had this happen to me today. Same problem.

What I did was I went to my email account from my laptop, I noticed that I had an email from facebook in my account that I have not yet read, however it was intercepted with my Facebook app. I'm guessing this is the reason why it wasn't showing in my inbox on my blackberry.

I deleted the email from my laptop, still didn't help. I restarted my device and the (1) unread notification went away.
    02-10-09 04:46 PM
    Addict83-
    I'll spare you my long story but changing my theme allowed me to find the old email account's email and to mark those buggers as read. Thank you so much!!!

Try checking all of your folders saved messages too, if that is not try changing your theme, if that doesn't work just connect to the dm and do a backup, then follow these steps
    1. after doing the backup, go to the main screen and click backup and restore, then go to advanced
    2. in this screen you will see two white boxes the one on the right is your database for the phone.
    3. scroll down till you see messages
    4. highlight it and you will see a the clear button come up just to the bottom of that list
    5. click clear and that will clear out your messages, in turn getting rid of the 1 unread icon
    03-30-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD