Hi All,
    Just got my first blackberry, I am using Yahoo for email. TMobile gives me 400 text messages per month with the package I have. I noticed that every time I get an email in Yahoo, the yahoo icon AND the message icon both light up.

So, am I getting dinged for a text message every time I get a yahoo email message? Is there a way to keep Yahoo with Yahoo, and not in the messages folder?

I just confused myself even more.

Thanks for any help, great site.
    John
    03-18-09 09:42 AM
    Messages>menu button>options>general options>seperate SMS and email

That will give you an SMS/MMS icon. Email will go to email and SMS/MMS to SMS. I have my messages folder moved into my apps folder, I dont use it, I dont see it flash every time either..
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-18-09 at 09:50 AM.
    03-18-09 09:46 AM
    Thanks!!! Awsome, I may be bugging you with more questions!!

How's the Fl. weather? Freezin up here in Chicago. Burrr.

John
    03-18-09 09:52 AM
    Your welcome I hope it works out for ya. I like it split that way, keeps it cleaner

Its nice and warm here, 75 or so but in the 80's all week.... Enjoy the site and welcome aboard...
    03-18-09 09:55 AM
    No, you weren't being dinged on the text messages side, e-mail and SMS are separate services, even if they were registered in the same field on your device.

Glad I'm not in the Windy, but I may be headed there next.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:58 AM
    Off topic, but are you aware that as of 1 March, TMobile is offering (loyalty) customers unlimited minutes for $49.99 and unlimited texts added for $14.99? The offer shows up in some online accounts, others have to ask for it. Just a thought....

Hi All,
    Just got my first blackberry, I am using Yahoo for email. TMobile gives me 400 text messages per month with the package I have. I noticed that every time I get an email in Yahoo, the yahoo icon AND the message icon both light up.

So, am I getting dinged for a text message every time I get a yahoo email message? Is there a way to keep Yahoo with Yahoo, and not in the messages folder?

I just confused myself even more.

Thanks for any help, great site.
    John
    03-18-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD