I'm having 2 problems currently that I can't seem to figure out with my curve 8530...

1) I use 2 different colors on my BB calendar to be able to tell, at a glance, my husband's and my schedules apart. But when I sync to Outlook, it only pulls my husband's schedule (or anything in blue) and nothing in mine (anything in red). Is there anyway to get everything synced and into Outlook?

2) When I read emails on my BB, it will show them as read (or they are gone if deleted) on my laptop but when I read/delete on my laptop, it still shows them there and unread on my BB. Is there anyway to get this to go both ways? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find this as an option...

Thanks for any help!
    07-01-10 03:48 PM
    I'm having 2 problems currently that I can't seem to figure out with my curve 8530...

1) I use 2 different colors on my BB calendar to be able to tell, at a glance, my husband's and my schedules apart. But when I sync to Outlook, it only pulls my husband's schedule (or anything in blue) and nothing in mine (anything in red). Is there anyway to get everything synced and into Outlook?

2) When I read emails on my BB, it will show them as read (or they are gone if deleted) on my laptop but when I read/delete on my laptop, it still shows them there and unread on my BB. Is there anyway to get this to go both ways? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find this as an option...

Thanks for any help!
    OK, Question 2 first as it is the easiest - Go to Your In Box>Click the BB Key>Scroll to Options and Select>Go to Email Reconciliation>Select Delete ON and change to the appropriate choice available (Handheld, PC and Handheld, Prompt). Keep in mind that if your OS is different than mine, the menu choices may be slightly different than mine.

Question 1 is a little more difficult. Are you and your husband using two different calendars within Outlook or is it the same calendar? Are you using two different identities in Outlook? We need more info to try and arrive at the solution I'm afraid.
    Last edited by kwkid; 07-01-10 at 10:31 PM.
    07-01-10 09:30 PM
    OK, Question 2 first as it is the easiest - Go to Your In Box>Click the BB Key>Scroll to Options and Select>Go to Email Reconciliation>Select Delete ON and change to the appropriate choice available (Handheld, PC and Handheld, Prompt).
    Thanks, I will try that!!

Question 1 is a little more difficult. Are you and your husband using two different calendars within Outlook or is it the same calendar? Are you using two different identities in Outlook? We need more info to try and arrive at the solution I'm afraid.
    Its all me, just trying to keep track of both our work schedules on my BB. I use the same calendar in Outlook, more to just backup my BB calendar then actually doing anything with the calendar in outlook. I have no idea how to use different identities in outlook so definitely just the one!
    07-01-10 10:07 PM
    Ok, tried the email part like you suggested using each option and none of them are doing what I need it to...I swore it did this before a couple of weeks ago then it stopped so its driving me crazy!
    07-01-10 10:17 PM
    Its all me, just trying to keep track of both our work schedules on my BB. I use the same calendar in Outlook, more to just backup my BB calendar then actually doing anything with the calendar in outlook. I have no idea how to use different identities in outlook so definitely just the one!
    OK, only two things I can think of off the top of my head:

1.) While in the Calendar, click the BB Key, click on Select Calendars and make sure that Device Default is selected. Does it show all your calendar entries (yours and your husbands)?

2.) In Desktop Manager, click on Synchronize, make sure that Synchronize Organizer Data is checked.

To do anymore research I will need to be at my office as that is where my primary Outlook is at.
    07-01-10 10:42 PM
    Ok, tried the email part like you suggested using each option and none of them are doing what I need it to...I swore it did this before a couple of weeks ago then it stopped so its driving me crazy!
    OK, let's get some fundamentals out of the way so we don't miss something easy:

1.) You say that it started about two weeks ago - had you just installed anything new at that time, i.e. a new app, a new theme, etc?

2.) Have you tried a battery pull - open the back door of the BB and with Power ON, remove the battery. Wait a minute and reinsert the battery. The BB will take about 3-5 minutes to reboot so be patient.
    07-01-10 10:47 PM
    [QUOTE=kwkid;5305857]OK, only two things I can think of off the top of my head:

1.) While in the Calendar, click the BB Key, click on Select Calendars and make sure that Device Default is selected. Does it show all your calendar entries (yours and your husbands)?
    Nope, if I click on default it shows only my calendar (red) and not my husbands and likewise if I click on facebook, it shows only my husbands (blue) and not mine.

All I'm looking to do is to keep them color coded to make things easier, is there another way to do that, that I haven't figured out yet?

2.) In Desktop Manager, click on Synchronize, make sure that Synchronize Organizer Data is checked.
    Yep, that's done!

To do anymore research I will need to be at my office as that is where my primary Outlook is at.
    Thank you, I really appreciate your help! I loved my BB up until a couple of weeks ago when all this crap started, now...not so much!
    07-02-10 10:01 AM
    OK, let's get some fundamentals out of the way so we don't miss something easy:

1.) You say that it started about two weeks ago - had you just installed anything new at that time, i.e. a new app, a new theme, etc?
    I rarely ever install anything new so no, nothing changed 2 weeks ago. I installed the update on Sunday, hoping that would fix this and some other issues I was having (calendar wouldn't hold onto alarms I had set, long lag time when I went to do anything) and those were fixed but it didn't help these issues.

2.) Have you tried a battery pull - open the back door of the BB and with Power ON, remove the battery. Wait a minute and reinsert the battery. The BB will take about 3-5 minutes to reboot so be patient.
    I have not tried that but will do it now and will check in after I run some errands and let you know if that did any good!
    07-02-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD