I just got my curve about a week and a half ago, I had been looking into getting one for a while, and Im pretty happy with my new purchase. However, Im still trying to figure out how to setup my email correctly. So I want to set up 2 email accounts to BIS, one is my student email account, and the other is my gmail account. The issue stems from the fact that I already get my student email forwarded to my gmail account, so when I add both emails to BIS, i receive emails twice. I set up a filter for my student account so that my mail isnt forwarded to the device, but I believe that blocks mail that should come through my gmail account. In other words, I either get the same email twice, or not at all.

My current setup:

Incoming mail
    student account --> gmail --> bb
    +
    gmail -- > bb

The reason I added my student account was so that I am able to reply to emails with that account.

Im having trouble figuring out how to fix this issue, does anyone have any suggestions before i make the situation more complicated??

Thanks for the help!

PS- looking up the forums have been extremely helpful so far, and I apologize if this isnt posted in the right place.
    07-28-08 08:55 AM
    If you are able to get your student email on your device, then I would suggest you take the forwarding off to gmail or set up a filter so that way email that is from your student email doesn't go to the device. Set up this filter on your gmail account. This won't block email from your student account directly to your device, it will stop your student emails that are forwarded to gmail from reaching your device.
    07-28-08 11:57 AM
    Yeah, the easy fix seems to be just removing the forward to your Gmail account, no sense in receiving them twice.
    07-28-08 11:59 AM
    Thanks guys, I think Ill just sync my school mail with my curve and use the gmail app for my gmail account.
    07-29-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD