Yes, i searched the forum before making this thread...still no answer!

I just picked up my 8900..everything was fine until the email setup. When i click on the set up wizard -> email set up -> the only option i have is to "use a work email account with a BB enterprise server". There are no other options for me to click on. What do i do?
    05-23-09 05:31 PM
    This just happened to me actually, not at AT&T, but a local company they have a deal with, called Viaero. Basically i went into the store, the worker couldn't fix it, and since i just bought it last night, they just gave me a new phone. The new one works, so i assumed it was a hardware issue.

Also, ensure that you actually have the full blackberry data plan to get that option with your provider.
    05-23-09 05:35 PM
    Yes, i searched the forum before making this thread...still no answer!

I just picked up my 8900..everything was fine until the email setup. When i click on the set up wizard -> email set up -> the only option i have is to "use a work email account with a BB enterprise server". There are no other options for me to click on. What do i do?
    Make sure that your data services are working to begin with. If you can't use regular data features such as the browser or BBM then your data plan isn't activated correctly. Perhaps a battery pull will solve the problem. If not, you need to call the carrier and tell them to re-activate it.
    05-23-09 06:01 PM
    Not sure if this suggestion will work... but log on to AT&T website and set up your email accounts on there... you'll need to enter your PIN... but then just send your service books to your device.
    05-23-09 06:03 PM
    I had this same problem. First, I could not access the web while in the EDGE network. So, I was asked to delete all application data, essentially wiping my phone clean. This fixed the web data problem but caused another.

I was not able to set up a personal email account and was only offered: I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server. Since I do not have BES this posed a problem. Then, when I clicked Manage Internet Email I was sent to a yahoo.com url and could not set up any accounts here either. Setting up accounts on MyTMobile.com did nothing as well. I talked to several people and finally a rep with the email address of beccatmobilepda was able to help.

She asked me to pull the battery (I pulled the SIM card too, not sure if this did anything though), and she completely disconnected my phone from the tmobile data server and then reconnected. The phone booted back up and my email accounts were visible and I was able to send messages. Fixed! Right? Well, mostly

I updated the software (I had installed the old version before, wondering if that would help. It didn't) and this caused no problems. I then reloaded the backed up file. After doing this the same problem popped up, no email service. I completely wiped the handset clean again (Options > Security Options > General Settings > menu key > Wipe Handheld), resent books and I can receive emails once more.

This has been frustrating but TMobile's customer service is patient and effective. It could have been a worse experience if it wasn't for their staff.
    10-20-09 04:36 PM
    go to the ATT BIS site... register for an account and add your emails there as well as sending the service books!

BlackBerry Internet Service
    10-21-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD