My phone isn't activated yet. I got the 8900 through AT&T. When I try to setup an email account it only gives me the option to set up a work email account with a BB enterprise server. It was my understanding I could setup personal email accounts on my data plan. Am I not getting the option to do so because my phone isn't activated yet? I was able to connect to my wifi network just fine so I thought I'd be able to them up through there.
    08-15-09 08:49 PM
    I have heard of this before and all I can say is you either can set it up online via pc at the at&t bis login page. (Don't know what its addy is specificaly but its easy to find.) Create an account and login then set it up there. The at&t mobile page is another route but its gonna be hard if your phone isn't regestering with the network anyways! Go through the setup process again and see if it shows up through there. You'll have to do the whole thing and not skip!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 08:56 PM
    You can't setup the email accounts on your device until it is activated and your service books are sent to your device - this means the BIS is fully working on your account. What you can do is login to you BIS manager and from there you can add you phone's PIN and setup your email accounts. Check the 101 lectures (link in my signature) if you do not know what I am talking about.

Also, I notice your profile says you are with Verizon. The 8900 will not work with Verizon, so I hope you are aware of that.
    08-15-09 10:36 PM
    No profiles pics or sigs with mobile crackberry. Didn't see that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD