Hi, I am a Crackberry Virgin and this is my first time, so please be gentle! I have an 8520 on Orange UK. I am trying to set up my email and have followed the wizard instructions - BUT there is no option for setting up personel email, only a business email.

Any helpful advise would be gratefully recieved.
    12-20-10 05:26 AM
    Under "Setup" and "Email Settings" (also shows as "Provisions" on my phone) you can add a personal email account.
    12-20-10 05:43 AM
    It sounds like your data plan is not set up correctly. The lack of the "Personal Email" setup option is indicative of that.

Call Virgin Customer Support and have them double check that you have a BLACKBERRY (not a generic or a smartphone or an iPhone) DATA PLAN set up. Then have them resend your Service Books.
    12-20-10 06:59 AM
    I agree with Mama, call Orange and make sure you have the right service and service books.

Lol to Mama though, he/she siad they were a virgin not on virgin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 07:01 AM
    Mama, Fubaz,

Thanks for your advice I have jsut spent the last 30 mins to Orange Customer Services, who dabbled at their end and sent me two SMS (recieved none), they then said there was a problem their end with the work and would call me in tow hours to see if I had recieved sms from them.

I am recieving SMS from everyone else just not them!
    Hopefully they will get to the bottom of it and I will let you know how it goes, but I have the feeling that I will end up going into the nearest Orange store and seeking help from them rather then someone at the end of a phone in India.

Thanks for your help anyway
    12-21-10 04:16 PM
    I agree with Mama, call Orange and make sure you have the right service and service books.

Lol to Mama though, he/she siad they were a virgin not on virgin
    LOL! Fingers didn't type what brain was thinking. Didn't even see that mistake!
    12-21-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD