This is place is very helpful. Thanks everyone.

I have a few more questions. One is on email.

I seem to only get emails to show up on my BB when I'm away from my computer. If I open up the email on my computer first, it won't go to my BB. If I don't, it will. Is that a setting I can change?
    08-27-09 12:14 PM
    If you are using an email client that pulls emails off a server, ie: Windows Live mail, the client may remove the messages from the server before the BIS system polls the server for new emails. In which case, BIS finds no new messages, and therefore nothing to push to the device. This is why you find that you are not receiving the emails on your BB when on your PC.
    08-27-09 12:19 PM
    If you're using Windows mail or Outlook as I am, you can go into account settings and choose to leave messages on server for 7 days or until deleted. This will keep emails on the server.

Your best bet is to set up a Gmail account and use that for your BB. Gmail gets pushed to the BB instantly.
    08-27-09 12:23 PM
    If you're using Windows mail or Outlook as I am, you can go into account settings and choose to leave messages on server for 7 days or until deleted. This will keep emails on the server.

Your best bet is to set up a Gmail account and use that for your BB. Gmail gets pushed to the BB instantly.
    Are you saying like if I have hotmail for my email, I should dump hotmail for Gmail? This is my work email (though it's POP it's not the corporate blackberry thing), so I can't change to gmail.
    08-27-09 12:29 PM
    Are you saying like if I have hotmail for my email, I should dump hotmail for Gmail? This is my work email (though it's POP it's not the corporate blackberry thing), so I can't change to gmail.
    I'm not saying dump Hotmail (I would). You can set up Hotmail on your phone as well.
    08-27-09 12:31 PM
    You need to go into your email account settings in Outlook and then click the "More Settings" button. Once there, click the "Advanced" tab and then check the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" box and modify the settings there. Be sure to save all your changes.
    08-27-09 12:35 PM
    I never read what email system you are having an issue with... however, if it is Hotmail... do you have MSN Messenger running on your PC??? I've seen issues with mine... after disabling it I stopped having issues with Hotmail... now Microsoft requires you to reconnect/reverify your password through the BIS server every couple months... too much of a bother for me... I'm weeding myself off Hotmail now... I will done in the next month just to be sure everything is on my Gmail... after that it will be two Gmail accounts and one T-Mobile Blackberry account.

*** Edit: Wow... this is post 4,500 for me... I can't believe I've posted that many times here.
    08-27-09 01:10 PM
    *** Edit: Wow... this is post 4,500 for me... I can't believe I've posted that many times here.
    WOW, no kidding. Congrats (I think)!
    08-27-09 01:13 PM
    WOW, no kidding. Congrats (I think)!
    Ya, but there is no way I'm ever going to catch up to you.
    08-27-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD