Hello all- this is probably something so simple. I have my email set up to notify me of new emails via my BB 8520. However, the only indicator of a new message is the red flash on top- no chirp like I get when I get a new text message. How can I change it to chirp instead of just flashing. Kind of annoying when I am expecting an important email- I iterally have to constantly pick up my phone to see if it is flashing. Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 10:22 AM
    Hello all- this is probably something so simple. I have my email set up to notify me of new emails via my BB 8520. However, the only indicator of a new message is the red flash on top- no chirp like I get when I get a new text message. How can I change it to chirp instead of just flashing. Kind of annoying when I am expecting an important email- I iterally have to constantly pick up my phone to see if it is flashing. Thank you

Sound Profiles, Messages, select your email and Viola!
    05-27-10 10:37 AM
    Hmm not sure where to go

05-29-10 04:54 PM
    Hmm not sure where to go

OK first let me preface my remarks that my instructions may differ from the ones for your device as I am still using the 4.6OS due to being on BES.

Options>Profiles>Select the ACTIVE profile

You should now see a full listing of all your settings, Browser, Messages, SMS, etc. You can scroll down to each one and set the sound each one of these makes to alert you. Be advised that as you select each entry you will be taken to another screen that allows you to not only set the ringtone, but also the behavior when it is in holster and out of holster, etc. I suggest making just a few changes at a time until you get the hang of it and realize what all the settings do.
    Last edited by kwkid; 05-29-10 at 06:30 PM. Reason: typo
    05-29-10 06:30 PM
    OK first let me preface my remarks that my instructions may differ from the ones for your device as I am still using the 4.6OS due to being on BES.

Options>Profiles>Select the ACTIVE profile

You should now see a full listing of all your settings, Browser, Messages, SMS, etc. You can scroll down to each one and set the sound each one of these makes to alert you. Be advised that as you select each entry you will be taken to another screen that allows you to not only set the ringtone, but also the behavior when it is in holster and out of holster, etc. I suggest making just a few changes at a time until you get the hang of it and realize what all the settings do.
    Well explained!
    05-30-10 08:43 AM
    I didnt realize the 8520 and the 30 were so different
    05-30-10 11:15 AM
    I didnt realize the 8520 and the 30 were so different
    Well they aren't that different. Each one has it's own distinct features. What complicates the issues discussed in the forum is that along with the phone differences, there are carrier differences, and then of course OS differences. When looking at all the combinations it can be quite daunting sometimes to provide an answer that accurately addresses the question asked. We all just do the best we can based on the information that the OP provides.
    05-30-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD