I recently had problems with the speaker on my Curve (sprint), and had it replaced. After I got my new phone my email wouldn't work right. Apparently this is a common problem, so I called sprint, and they set it up again with my new PIN and everything, and after I had it "start provisioning" it went busy for a while and suddenly everything worked, including a bunch of emails appearing on my phone. Well now my account is there but no more emails are showing up. What's more, when I delete an email, it used to say "delete on handheld and mailbox, or handheld only" but now it just says "delete" and deletes them on the handheld only. Any ideas? I tried re-sending the service book to no avail.
    09-04-08 05:34 PM

Second problem: go to Messages > Menu > Options > Email Reconciliation > Delete On: Prompt.
    09-04-08 05:38 PM
    Neither one worked. The sprint blackberry tech switched my device, using my pin and ESN; and for a minute, I actually got some emails. But no more arrive on my phone after the initial rush when it was set up. Also, it's a hotmail account, if that helps.
    09-04-08 05:44 PM
    The solution I gave you for your second issue is the correct resolution. Make sure you are setting the Delete On option to Prompt, and saving the change.

You can try registering your device. Go to Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Press menu > Register Now.

Also try removing the email accounts and adding them again.
    09-04-08 05:53 PM
    Well I did that, and then re-added the account, which just brought it back up the same as it was. However, this time, when I changed the option you mentioned, it worked. Which really irritates me since I seriously have tried changing that option about 5 times with it never working... very weird. Now we'll see if it starts receiving emails
    09-04-08 05:54 PM
    Go into setting up email. Open where it says change devive you have to put in your pin and ime number so everything from old phone switchs to your sprint device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD