This morning, after reading an email on my BB, I was in the middle of deleting it while I received a text message from a friend. Afterwards, the email was deleted, but the e-mail/message icon (the envelope without the star) still remains on my home screen. Is there anyway I can get rid of it? I have no new message/email/voicemail/etc (I checked at least 3 times). I also tried removing my email account and reinstalling it, to no avail. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    07-20-09 09:54 PM
    Did you check BB Messenger for a message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 09:56 PM
    Yes, also checked BBM. No new conversations. Any other thoughts? I ran a search query of unopened mail, and it didn't return any...
    07-20-09 10:09 PM
    Could be a missed call. Go to messages and hit "u" to see any unread message. Have you tried a battery pull?
    07-20-09 10:11 PM
    Battery pull should fix that! Mine does from time to time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:13 PM
    I've had that issue before. The last time that happened, I was on the phone with Sprint and BlackBerry for hours and ended up having to wipe my device (8330 @ the time) clean. Be sure to back up your data on BDM first (if you end up having to do that). Did you check to make sure nobody sent you a PIN message?
    07-20-09 10:17 PM
    also try the alt lglg and clear log i've seen that work.
    07-20-09 10:19 PM
    hello all, first time crackberry poster and have the same problem. I have deleted all my messages and did a battery pull and still that d$#m message keeps coming up. Any help would be great
    07-20-09 10:21 PM
    hello all, first time crackberry poster and have the same problem. I have deleted all my messages and did a battery pull and still that d$#m message keeps coming up. Any help would be great
    Have you tried all the suggestions above? Even messages folder and selecting "u" for the unread message?
    07-20-09 10:28 PM
    Battery pull did the trick!! Thanks!
    07-20-09 10:31 PM
    yep even U for unread messages
    07-20-09 10:33 PM
    Battery pull did the trick!! Thanks!
    Glad to hear it and your welcome!
    07-20-09 10:36 PM
    Got anymore tricks I could try ICEMAN
    07-20-09 10:43 PM
    Got anymore tricks I could try ICEMAN
    And you've checked missed calls, saved messages?
    07-20-09 10:47 PM
    yep I deleted all messages and email on the phone
    07-20-09 10:49 PM
    yep I deleted all messages and email on the phone
    Okay and do you have BBM or any app like facebook or myspace?
    07-20-09 10:55 PM
    no facebook or myspace and checked all BBM's
    07-20-09 11:00 PM
    I had this problem once before... check all of your folders.

Such as, Yahoo/Gmail/AOL etc., also be sure to "unhide" your hidden folder and check those ones as well.. there might be a message hiding somewhere, causing the icon to appear still.
    07-20-09 11:09 PM
    I had this problem once before... check all of your folders.

Such as, Yahoo/Gmail/AOL etc., also be sure to "unhide" your hidden folder and check those ones as well.. there might be a message hiding somewhere, causing the icon to appear still.
    how do you "unhide" your hidden folders?
    07-20-09 11:14 PM
    Simple.

When on your Menu Screen, the one where all the icons appear, click on your Blackberry Button... and select unhide.
    07-21-09 09:00 AM
    Simple.

When on your Menu Screen, the one where all the icons appear, click on your Blackberry Button... and select unhide.
    just performed this and still that stupid envelope shows up
    07-21-09 09:36 AM
    I have also found that by downloading themes that can cause you receive a message but not actually see it! After removing the theme and replacing it with the sprint theme my 8330 curve originally came with that seems to solved the problem. I downloaded the aftermarket theme again to see if that actually was the problem and sure enough it was! I havnt had a chance to create a theme yet but from what i understand there can be some serious work involved and there is a chance that the theme will or will not FULLY work with your os even if you have or have not preformed the software uprade. Just a little fyi.
    07-22-09 05:30 PM
    Open messages and highlight the bar with today's date on it. Click options, then 'view folder'. Look in all the folders in the list such as spam, etc for any unread messages.
    07-22-09 06:20 PM
    thank u. I had this problem 2 and I read ur reply 2 check all folders and they were there. I was about to wipe my bb but good thing I read ur reply. thank u again man
    10-14-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD