I've run thru everything I can think of...my 8330 has the email icon with "1" to indicate a new unopened message but there are zero messages in my inbox. I went into the Menu and looked in every single folder...no new unopened message to be found. Would a battery pull get rid of the icon? Fairly new...not done the old battery pull trick before; does it wipe out your Contacts? Thanks!
    08-13-09 09:26 AM
    Check your saved message folder.
    A battey pull might fix it if you havnt got saved, it doesnt wipe anything,
    08-13-09 09:34 AM
    Check your saved message folder.
    A battey pull might fix it if you havnt got saved, it doesnt wipe anything,
    I did check that folder...first one in fact. Nada inside. Just weird! Driving me crazy...OCD! Thanks for letting me know that the battery pull won't wipe out my Contacts!!
    08-13-09 09:48 AM
    Battery pull. Sometimes the alert gets stuck. Mainly the led sometimes though.
    08-13-09 09:56 AM
    Go into your messages folder, make sure you are at the top of the list and hit "mark prior opened". It should go away, if not try the battery pull.
    08-13-09 09:56 AM
    Did you check the SMS/ MMS folders as well?
    Also, for future reference, pulling the battery from your phone is like unplugging your desktop computer; it doesn't erase anything, it just gives it a fresh start and can clear out persistent reminders (like your message icon).
    08-13-09 10:00 AM
    Thanks 2 u all...batt pull did the trick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD