Any help ,for some reason the delete options for my email is only delete or cancel. Not the mailbox/handheld or handheld or cancel. I went 2 option and seleected prompt and all the other choices did battery pull and soft reset had svc books resent and tech support 2 no avail. The only thing dif wud b that I hav downloaded the new DM 4.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 09:34 PM
    Mine is also like that but not a biggie. Did you upgrade your OS to 4.5? Thats when I noticed it happend.
    09-11-08 09:36 PM
    Perhaps you just didn't save the settings when you changed it to Prompt? That should change it to prompt you as to where it should delete from.
    09-11-08 09:41 PM
    so i had the same problem as you, and just discovered the problem...

i have 4 email accts on my phone. when you go to options > email reconciliation, you need to set it to "delete on: prompt" for EACH email. setting it for one email does not automatically set it for the others.

i was getting super frustrated because i know that i had previously set it to prompt, but then when deleting an email, it would ask for one, but not another. when you keep all your emails in the main message inbox (as opposed to separate for each address), i think you tend to forget that they are still different addresses.

i hope that helps!!!

E
    09-13-08 07:20 PM
    Hey Thanks for that tip. It happened when I also upgraded to 4.5 and never thought of going to the reconciliation. Changed it for all four of my emails.
    09-13-08 09:01 PM
    ur welcome....im upset i posted that answer under the wrong name!!! lol
    09-13-08 09:47 PM
    Thanks, I was having the same problem. Although, it only allowed me that option on one email address. The others do not provide the option to "prompt"...any clue?
    09-19-08 11:30 AM
    thanks i went back and redid all the email like u said prob resolved
    09-24-08 08:12 PM
    Awesome! Glad I found this!
    10-03-08 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD