I am new to BB and I have an email address of MSN. I have been having some email issues and have called my carrier and blackberry a few times. Today I did some trouble shooting and noticed that when my home PC is on and my email is opened I do not get email on BB. Verizon told me today that BB does not support other emails meaning that if I have my email opened I will not get it on my BB. If I close it I do. Does this happen to you? He also said something if I pay for a premium acct with like yahoo it could work. He suggested a BB acct and forward my msn emails to bb but it would cause confusion when i reply since my contacts know me as the msn email. Any thoughts?

Tx
    03-02-09 11:36 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    I have heard that people have been unable to get emails on their BB's when their email is open on their pcs. Maybe someone with more experience with this can help you. However here are my ideas from what I have heard and experienced. I don't know much about MSN, are you able to route it through Outlook? If so, that should work. You would just have to configure MSN through Outlook and then using DM configure syncing to include Outlook.

As far as Yahoo, you do not have to have premium. I opened a Yahoo account just for my BB and use the calendar, tasks and email and it is pushed to my BB for FREE. I think you can do it with Google too. I don't use Yahoo's 3.0 or anything, I just configured my Yahoo in my DM and have been doing fine.

~Jazzi~

Last edited by Jazzi-Rocks; 03-02-09 at 12:03 PM.
    03-02-09 12:00 PM
    I have Outlook on 24/7 at work and Outlook Express on 24/7 at home and I get every email (whether I want them or not).
    03-02-09 12:05 PM
    I have Outlook on 24/7 at work and Outlook Express on 24/7 at home and I get every email (whether I want them or not).
    There ya go, if you can configure your MSN to Outlook you will be all set. Of course I'm assuming that you have Outlook or Outlook express and assuming probably isn't good

~Jazzi~

03-02-09 12:08 PM
    I do have outlook which i use for my calendar and tasks. I only only outlook when i need the online calendar but have my home pc up running most of the time. How do i configure msn to outlook and sorry for not knowing but what does that mean and do. Can I still access my msn email from another pc
    03-02-09 12:17 PM
    what you will probably have to do is make sure your BB email settings are configured for you to get the emails forwarded to your device.

Verison BIS

and also read this:
    BlackBerry 101: Lecture 11: BIS Email Basics
    03-02-09 12:30 PM
    fabuloso - I do get the emails on my BB it is when I have my home pc on which automatically opens my msn email account on the right side navigation menu. I like this while i am home so i can see new emails. now like today home due to snow I am browsing and since home pc is on, I do not get my msn email on bb. But... if I close my pc, i will get them. I looked at the 101 and that is how i am set up and it works as long as home pc not on. FYI I dont have to worry about msn and premium acct I am ok - any thoughts
    03-02-09 01:26 PM
    Here is how I understand it.
    Your PC mail client is set to download e-mails when it finds them. So lets say an e-mail comes in at 1:00 exactly. You PC e-mail client checks at 1:01 and sees the new e-mail and downloads it to your PC. Your BB service checks at its interval, let's say 1:02 and sees no e-mail to send to your BB.
    When you don't have your client running all e-mail is sent to the BB because it sees it all sitting on the MSN server.
    One solution is to turn on the "leave on server" option on your client but then you have to manually delete them from the server or it will fill up over your limit eventually.
    The other option and what I do is don't leave the client open.

Outlook works because it actually syncs to BB and all mail is stored on the server.

I hope this helps.
    Good Luck!
    03-02-09 01:54 PM
    Ron - that makes sense but...so I thought I figured it out. then during the day much later I got the one that was on my pc. But also got one back from December. I guess you are right to turn off my client - which I assume is log off email right? Not really sure how to do it since when I log on it automatically opens. The other is when I leave close IE and I should be ok. It was just nice not being at pc and getting the email.
    03-02-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD