hi guys just a quick one

i upgraded to .250 from .133 all was fine except runing a little slower i thought and i get the anoying little egg timer / clock inbetween pressing th lock button and it being locked maybe a second or two. i left it anyway for a while, did a few battery pulls nothing sorted it.

So, this morning i downgrade to .231. BRILLIANT. runs smoother, better, faster and no more anoying egg timer inbetween locking...until someone sends me a multi screen text message, several times (they have an iphone, its awful and sends messages millions of times) so i deleted them but with them being multi screen for some reason my BB decided to tell me i had 3 then 4 then 5 txt messages unread, even after deleting them.

So to solve this i do the almighty battery pull, no new unread messages, i press lock on my BB and i could have tore my hair out.....EGG TIMER STRIKES AGAIN!.

Iv done a quick search and only found one post where one user was experiencing a 5 second delay. Now i know i ts only a second or 2 but its so frustrating when i know it shouldnt do that. I have no apps runing in the background, have attempted a further 3 battery pulls and really really dont want to ahve to downgrade to .133 only to have to upgrade back to .231 to get rid of this timer i love evrything else about this version.

Has anybody managed to get a solution to this? i know the users that replied to the thread i found in my search said they found it normal but i didnt get it until this sms problem.

i hope somebody knows something i dont

cheers

chris
    08-01-09 07:10 PM
    Follow the things suggested in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/al...-phone-284070/
    08-01-09 07:21 PM
    i jsut came across that while waiting for a reply, but i have met those requirements already, no apps runing except native BB apps. Cleared cache and event log

=[ im currently downloading .250 to either try an see if that does it again like last time if so then ill downgrade back to .231 to fix it hopefully
    08-01-09 07:23 PM
    upgraded to .250 which now has no egg timer so im gonna stick with this and see how battery performs, i think i rated .231 better for battery as well as no egg timer. But we shall see
    08-01-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD