Just like the title says, is there an easy way to tell if a unit is a refurb? Other than any tool marks or obvious signs of use... Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 02:54 PM
    i never had a refurbished phone, but i did take mine in to be repaired and there is a little white sticker covering one of the screw holes. i dont know if they replace that when you get a refurbished one or not
    10-04-09 03:07 PM
    go to options > about. if you scroll down a ways, it will mention a date that the phone was refurbished if indeed it is a refurb. not sure what a brand new one will say.
    10-04-09 03:13 PM
    well i would look on mine, but i dont have an OS on it!
    10-04-09 03:20 PM
    Yeah, mine is a refurb. Was supposed to be new...

10-04-09 03:48 PM
    mine dont say refurb so i guess its new then?
    10-06-09 07:59 AM
    mine dont say refurb so i guess its new then?
    Yeah, if it was a refurb, it'd be clear with a date in that screen.
    10-06-09 11:45 AM
    Mine is supposed to be a refurb (I had mine replaced by Sprint a few months back, got it in a little Sprint box that said something like "Here's Your Refurbished Phone") but it doesn't seem to say reburb or have a date anywhere in Options>About

Interesting

10-06-09 12:56 PM
    Mine is supposed to be a refurb (I had mine replaced by Sprint a few months back, got it in a little Sprint box that said something like "Here's Your Refurbished Phone") but it doesn't seem to say reburb or have a date anywhere in Options>About

Interesting

They may only put it if it's been done at the factory. If a phone is reconditioned by Sprint in the back of a store or something and doesn't go back to the factory, they may not update that and you'd never know.

I'm sure that can be cleared some way too...
    Last edited by jdudeski; 10-06-09 at 01:15 PM.
    10-06-09 01:10 PM
    i never had a refurbished phone, but i did take mine in to be repaired and there is a little white sticker covering one of the screw holes. i dont know if they replace that when you get a refurbished one or not
    A refurbed device will have the stickers over the screws just as a new one.
    10-06-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD