I bought a Curve 8530 about 3 months ago as did my wife. Same phones only just recently, the earpeice sounds like it has a blown speaker on my phone. No problem with my wifes. I do not play any music on the phone. I went in to the store that sold me the phone and the guy simply said that I needed to do a major software upgrade and it would be fixed. (As he was leading me out the door I did the upgrade last night and same sound. anyone have any ideas?
    10-13-10 09:52 AM
    Sounds like you have a major CS fail.

Call your Carriers CS line and ask for BB tech support. They should have some things for you to check.
    10-13-10 10:00 AM
    Yup, just called my service provider and after wiping the unit, The speaker still has the "Blown Speaker" type sound. Since it is past the 15 day mark, I have to send it out to be repaired. No chance of a new phone. It makes me a bit mad because I have had it in an OTTER box and have taken the utmost care of it.
    10-13-10 02:12 PM
    All the care in the world wouldnt have helped if you had a bad speaker to begin with. Im glad they will get everything fixed for you.
    10-13-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD