OK, I am totally confused. I have the absolute worse luck when it comes to blue tooth ear pieces so I have reconciled to the fact that I will always have a wire stuck in my ear. The question is does the 8330 support a wired ear piece? The posts and documents I have found tend to go both ways, yes it does, not it doesn't....

All of my exiting ear pieces are 2.5mm so I can't just jam one in to see. Local stores do not carry the 3.5mm models so I can't just buy one and try it at the cash register.

Any body out there using a wired ear piece with the 8330?

Or possibly, anybody know of a blue tooth ear piece that actually works? I bought the $99.00 Plantronics figuring if I bought top of the line..... Everyone says I sound like I am a mile away.

Ed
    03-24-09 07:20 PM
    My 8330 came with a wired ear piece. At first I thought they were just head phones until I tried to make a phone call with them in and they worked great. I also have terrible luck with bluetooth earpieces it always seems like i'm yelling and the volume never goes high enough for me to hear in the car.
    03-24-09 07:26 PM
    8310 comes with a wired headset as well. Works for phone calls perfectly though I dont use it.

My bluetooth works fine with my BB. Of the ones you tried did the other party always complain about how you sounded? I never get that comment, when I first got it after a few minutes I would ask how it sounded, never a complaint? I am using a Motorola h710 currently sounds great and is too loud by default - have to bump it down 2 notches.. I gave up on the Plantronics due to static oddly enough......
    03-24-09 07:34 PM
    I forgot to mention that ear bud style headsets do not work for me unless I duct tape them in. I have no idea how everyone keeps them from falling out. Perhaps I have ******** ear holes. I tossed the included ear phones in the drawer as soon as I saw them. Along with the cheesy case.

People complain about me sounding distant or hardly audible. Since I seem to spend the majority of my time on conference calls this is not acceptable.

Now that I know the microphone part will work I will order both a wired set and a H710. That way I will be covered.

Thanks!
    Ed
    03-25-09 07:17 AM
    Try blueant bluetooth headsets they are the best in my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 07:23 AM
    Jabra BT8040 headset is the best I've found so far for the 8330
    03-25-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD