I recently upgraded my fiance from a standard phone to a BB 9300.

Initially had some issues with e-mail that Rogers helped sort out last night (they switched from using BlackBerry Internet Service to Redirect to the right page).
    So, she now gets her e-mails as she should.

However, before doing this, I had tried setting the e-mail up and only managed to get (I think it is) MMS messages.
    There is enough visable info to be able to relate it back to her e-mail, but otherwise, it is just jiberish.
    Well, this stuff is still coming through.
    I have checked the settings and can not find anything that would turn this off.

Thoughts?
    11-17-10 06:41 AM
    I recently upgraded my fiance from a standard phone to a BB 9300.

Initially had some issues with e-mail that Rogers helped sort out last night (they switched from using BlackBerry Internet Service to Redirect to the right page).
    So, she now gets her e-mails as she should.

However, before doing this, I had tried setting the e-mail up and only managed to get (I think it is) MMS messages.
    There is enough visable info to be able to relate it back to her e-mail, but otherwise, it is just jiberish.
    Well, this stuff is still coming through.
    I have checked the settings and can not find anything that would turn this off.

Thoughts?
    you can choose to automatically download media when receiving an MMS... I always turn this off, so I can decide if I want to download the picture or not (plus my carrier charges for this) ... You could also try a battery pull and reboot the phone, and make sure all is good at that end, then try rerouting your MMS through to the email account ... I barely get any MMS messages any more, as everyone knows to BBM me something, or simply email it, and then I don't get charged extra for it...
    11-17-10 07:16 AM
    Sorry, the problem is not with MMS.

It is some sort of "mobile mail" that Sympatico seems to be pushing through and it coming in via the SMS channel.
    It is a bunch of viberish that means nothing but corresponds directly to e-mails from the provider.

I would just like to turn this off.
    Any other thoughts?
    11-19-10 12:55 PM
    It sounds like the sender got a hold of your SMS email address ([email protected]) and is sending normal MIME messages to that address instead of plain text messages. Do you have a way to copy the "jibberish" that you see to paste here to confirm?

If that's what it is, you need to contact the sender to have them remove your address from their mailing list. If you can't do that, contact your provider and see if they can either block this address from mailing you or disable your SMS email address altogether.
    11-19-10 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD