Hi there fellow bb addicts xD

I have two questions I want to ask regarding the 8900 curve (these issues probably affect other models too)

1. I have my personal account setup on my bb... however on my personal email (hotmail) I have quite a few folders setup and so most of my email is sorted out into these specific folders... is there anyway to get my blackberry to receive these emails too? As far as I know, the BB only pushes the inbox and I hardly ever receive 'unsorted' email.

2. When ever there is a text box, there is a little 'EN' symbol showing on the top right - how can I get rid of this?

Any input appreciated <3
    08-06-09 10:22 AM
    1. Don't think so.

2. I believe that is a language issue... Do you have more than one language loaded on your device??? You might need to start Desktop Manager (DM) to see what languages are loaded... but I'm fairly sure that is the issue.
    08-06-09 10:39 AM
    I agree with fatboy.... for a change!
    08-06-09 10:45 AM
    I agree with fatboy.... for a change!
    LOL... your funny today ClintRo!!!
    08-06-09 10:59 AM
    How do I remove the languages?
    I removed all the ones that show from the setup wizard on the bb... desktop manager doesn't show any but when I press alt+enter on the bb, it still shows some more languages :/

edit: okay it only lets me select/deselect languages when I downgrade the OS which is just stupid, so I'm doing that now, then I'll upgrade it again after.
    Last edited by DefconN; 08-06-09 at 11:18 AM.
    08-06-09 11:02 AM
    Okay all languages removed... the only one that shows now is English UK & English US, however the 'EN' still shows.
    (There is no English US in the desktop manager to remove)

Any other suggestions?
    08-06-09 12:07 PM
    well you still have two languages even if they are both English....I would try and remove one of them.
    08-06-09 12:15 PM
    well you still have two languages even if they are both English....I would try and remove one of them.
    I've tried. How am I supposed to remove Eng US if it doesn't show anywhere? xD
    08-06-09 12:20 PM
    The only way to get rid of that EN indicator is to re-install your OS.
    08-06-09 12:27 PM
    The only way to get rid of that EN indicator is to re-install your OS.
    I downgraded the OS and upgraded it again, does this count as reinstalling?
    08-06-09 12:35 PM
    I would go through the entire process of backing up your phone (and 3rd party applications), wiping your device and then installing an OS. Check my signature for the upgrade procedure - I like to use the advanced procedure in that link.
    08-06-09 12:41 PM
    I would go through the entire process of backing up your phone (and 3rd party applications), wiping your device and then installing an OS. Check my signature for the upgrade procedure - I like to use the advanced procedure in that link.
    Okay I'll try that.

What about the email issue? Is it possible to have emails in other folders pushed to my bb?
    08-06-09 12:46 PM
    No, no folders on the Blackberry.
    08-06-09 12:50 PM
    No, no folders on the Blackberry.
    Okay I thought id give it a try if I deleted all the .cod files from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8900-v4.6.1.250_P4.2.0.113\Java

which had en_us in the name... it came up with 6... I updated the BB and what do you know, no more 'EN' in the top right xD

One more thing... how comes sometimes when I press the 'sym' button, some of the symbols are not there?
    For e.g. the letters B, F, U, I, H, J, K and R have nothing as a symbol... it's just blank
    btw this was the case even when I first switched on my bb when I bought it.
    08-06-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD