OK, this is a multi-part question, and please bear with me I'm pretty new to BB.

I am with AT&T, I have an unlimited family messaging and unlimited data plan for my phone (was an LG Vu), I bought a BB on ebay and I love it! Here is my question: I can't get any settings to show up for a personal e-mail account. I went to AT&T site and registered a BIS account login/password and it asked me what mail account I wanted to do for my BB so I entered the info. Nothing. Then I searched the forums and I resent the service books and I *tried* the HRT register thing--I say tried because it said it sent a msg but I never received anything and I still can't get mail to work on my BB. The other thing is when I go to email set up in the setup wizard, it only gives me an option to set up enterprise server (which I don't want to do) or skip e-mail set up, so I am wonderiing if this is part of the problem? I tried reinstalling the software using desktop manager (a suggestion from another forum I think) but that didn't do anything except take a lot of time that wasn't necessary because it didn't make any changes or give me any options that I didn't have prior to doing it.

Any help would be much appreciated! I don't want to give up the blackberry, but I can use my Vu and get e-mail and stuff almost like the BB--I just like the layout of the BB better.

Thanks in advance!
    Tracy
    09-09-09 11:52 AM
    You MUST have a BLACKBERRY Data Plan on your account in order to get email pushed to the device.

The message/options that you are getting on the Email Setup Wizard are indicative of not having the correct data plan set up.

You cannot get any BlackBerry Data features without that plan.
    09-09-09 12:08 PM
    Make sure you have the BIS set up on your phone, the data plan you had for the Vu isnt gonna do it on the BB,
    09-09-09 12:08 PM
    OK, well thanks for the help. I guess I will have to go back to my Vu. I just can't spending $30 a month for a plan that I can spend $10 on with my Vu and have the same stuff. Surprisingly my Vu gives me an alert anytime I get an email on any of the accounts I have set up which is what I would expect from BB but I just can't see spending $20 extra to do it

Thanks
    Tracy
    09-09-09 12:16 PM
    I agree with the previous replies. I too had an LG Vu before my Berry. I hated that phone. Stick with the BB if you can.
    09-09-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD