I've entered peoples' bdays & annivs under their contact info in my address book, which automatically puts those dates as recurring appts on my calendar, but now every time I sync, it's creating duplicate appts for these bdays & annivs. I've searched these forums up and down (and I spent the last hour searching on google) for some help and I've found nothing. Is anyone having this kind of problem or does anyone have any suggestions?...I'll try 'em!

(Mods, if this is in the wrong forum - which I think it might be, even though I have a Curve 8330 - please move it for me.)

Thanks all!
    05-19-08 12:59 PM
    Hello -
    Have you received any feedback/resolution to this issue yet?
    thanks
    06-20-08 03:42 PM
    Yes, I am having the same issue. It didn't happen until I upgraded my verizon BB OS software to .97 two days ago. When I synced, it added 85 new appointments, and they were all duplications. I'm curious to see if anyone has a solution.
    06-20-08 05:01 PM
    Yes, this is happening to me also - very frustrating!!

I now clear out the calendar on my phone, before sync once or twice a day to remove the duplicate appts.

I love my Curve - I HATE THE SYNCing!!!
    07-01-08 02:33 PM
    its a bug when upgrading from the 4.2 world to the 4.5 world. there are apparently some incompatibilities between the calendars.

beware also - if you backup and decide to downgrade (from 4.5 back to 4.2), you will not be able to restore your address book or your calendar. the restore file itself will be intact, you just won't be able to restore it to your BB..

solution/workaround - to be super safe, always backup via desktop mgr AND sync calendar/address book to Outlook before upgrading/downgrading. you will always be able to sync up w/ Outlook (as well as having a tangible backup to peruse).

pm me if you have questions...
    07-01-08 02:44 PM
    I've entered peoples' bdays & annivs under their contact info in my address book, which automatically puts those dates as recurring appts on my calendar, but now every time I sync, it's creating duplicate appts for these bdays & annivs. I've searched these forums up and down (and I spent the last hour searching on google) for some help and I've found nothing. Is anyone having this kind of problem or does anyone have any suggestions?...I'll try 'em!

(Mods, if this is in the wrong forum - which I think it might be, even though I have a Curve 8330 - please move it for me.)

Thanks all!
    Is it creating duplicate entries under the same calendar? I had an issues with duplicate entries on different calendars. The calendar for some reason would sync with all calendars rather than just my default calendar. So I deleted the service books to the other calendars, did a battery pull, re-sync and sent service books and now it only syncs with my default which is what I wanted.
    07-01-08 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD