Ok I'm completely new to using wifi on the BB. As I understand it, wifi takes me to UMA which is for phone calls. If I don't have a UMA plan ($10/mo), any minutes I use over the wifi just get decremented from my monthly minutes plan (unless after hours).

How about for data transfer, internet etc over wi-fi? Granted I have unlimited data and internet plan through Tmobile, but does transferring data over wifi cause for any additional charges of any sort? I know dumb question but just wanted to see.

And the last dumb question I assume wifi allows for much much faster data streams correct (compared to carrier service)?

Thanks much.
    03-07-09 03:00 PM
    Ok I'm completely new to using wifi on the BB. As I understand it, wifi takes me to UMA which is for phone calls. If I don't have a UMA plan ($10/mo), any minutes I use over the wifi just get decremented from my monthly minutes plan (unless after hours).

How about for data transfer, internet etc over wi-fi? Granted I have unlimited data and internet plan through Tmobile, but does transferring data over wifi cause for any additional charges of any sort? I know dumb question but just wanted to see.

And the last dumb question I assume wifi allows for much much faster data streams correct (compared to carrier service)?

Thanks much.
    1. You're right on that.
    2. No additional charges of any sort.
    3.You're right again.
    You're ready to start answering other peoples' questions now. Go nuts
    03-07-09 04:25 PM
    Haha thanks!

I'm now an expert
    03-07-09 05:58 PM
    Also, check out the WiFi Guide link in my signature. It really is a great source of information.
    03-07-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD