Hi all,

This may have been addressed already in another 8900 thread, but after searching I couldn't find one. I know it's been addressed in the 83xx forum, but this is different hardware and software.

So I see the issue with dropping calls when the phone auto switches between WiFi and EDGE is still around. I have the same thing that happened the first couple weeks with my 8320: after a few minutes of talking at home using WiFi, the WiFi will cut out and switch to EDGE without reason and disconnect the call. Then it will immediately go back to WiFi. Putting all other factors aside (I'm an IT guy and know very well that my signal is strong, amount other things), what else can I do to help stop the 8900 from cutting over to EDGE when WiFi is obviously in a strong signal field? (the phone shows it's strong too, while connected).

I put my preferred WiFi entries to the top of the list in WiFi preferences, but I just don't know what else it could be.

FYI: The EDGE service is about 1/3 - 1/2 full strength when it switches over, so it's not overpowering the WiFi. Also, I don't want to keep disabling the cell service when in a WiFi area, so that's not an option in my mind.
    01-29-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD