Has anybody dropped there Curve 8900 yet? I haven't yet (thank god) but have any of you accidentally have? Sucks to see it happen but it does...
    02-23-09 03:28 AM
    Nope not yet, not really planning on it either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 03:33 AM
    I dropped it once but only on a few feet. I started to inspect it like crazy for imperfections
    . Turns out it still was perfect

02-23-09 06:37 AM
    I have dropped it a few times, it bounces.But it only has on very slight scratch on the top by the earpeice luckily enough for me.
    02-23-09 06:47 AM
    Nope, not yet! Hoping this Innocase will do its job when that time comes.

02-23-09 06:49 AM
    no drops but I was carrying it in my hand down by my side, and knocked it into a door jamb....not even a scratch.
    02-23-09 07:12 AM
    I dropped mine with the Innocase II on it it bounced like 3 or 4 times on concrete... not a scratch on the phone!!!

I also have the BSE for the screen!!
    02-23-09 07:20 AM
    well- looks like i'm the first to admit that yes i have dropped my precious 8900 on the hard.. cold concrete. it's a funny story actually. just took a 5 minute nap at work, started to close me eyes and all the sudden the smack of the curve hitting the ground awoke me from my slumber. i had fallen asleep with the phone in my hand! turns out the chrome finish right above the mute button scratched just enough to see the black.
    point of this story- don't fall asleep at work
    02-23-09 07:20 AM
    ^^ Yeah, especially with BB in hand.

02-23-09 07:26 AM
    I dropped mine just this saturday on concrete actually. I was getting out of a car and I caught my foot in the seatbelt and fell on my face! My 8900 bounced off of the concrete and landed (it had a silicon skin) but it was totally fine!
    02-23-09 07:56 AM
    I dropped mine just this saturday on concrete actually. I was getting out of a car and I caught my foot in the seatbelt and fell on my face! My 8900 bounced off of the concrete and landed (it had a silicon skin) but it was totally fine!
    Good thing that you had silicon skin protection on your Javelin....^^
    02-23-09 08:00 AM
    Oh yeah. During the first couple of weeks, slipped on some ice while messing around on mine, and it hit the pavement. Screen and everything is fine but got a crappy chip at the bottom now. Scratched easier than I thought but then again it is chrome!

02-23-09 08:10 AM
    I dropped mine once... got a phone call while i was asleep and fumbled it in the dark.. next time i'm turning my phone to silent before i go to bed!
    02-23-09 09:27 AM
    The true lesson here is not to drop the Blackberry while taking a nap at work. Science proves that a midday nap drastically improves your performance. You are doing your company a service by taking a nap....just put the Berry down first.
    02-23-09 10:40 AM
    Dropped it on the carpet maybe once or twice. Waiting for my case to get here!
    02-23-09 10:42 AM
    The true lesson here is not to drop the Blackberry while taking a nap at work. Science proves that a midday nap drastically improves your performance. You are doing your company a service by taking a nap....just put the Berry down first.
    very nice
    02-23-09 11:10 AM
    I have not dropped mines yet and hopefully I don't.

02-23-09 11:11 AM
    i dropped mine drinking and dancing. it has a little tiny scratch on the chrome bezel. i cant lie i was devestated.

then i dropped it getting ready one day on my hardwood floors and the battery door popped out. i was really annoyed with that i was surprised how easy it came off.
    02-23-09 11:17 AM
    I sure did and it sucked. I wish I had a good excuse that I was sleeping but I don't!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/in...-issue-157600/
    02-23-09 11:44 AM
    Yep, have silicone skin and BSE on it. No damage.
    02-23-09 11:44 AM
    Dropped it on the carpet maybe once or twice. Waiting for my case to get here!

I too dropped it on the Carpet, and also was a Loyal SK User untill the Curve. Sorry Danger, but you dropped the ball!
    02-23-09 01:19 PM
    Yep, have silicone skin and BSE on it. No damage.
    YESSIR! I pulled the infamous "oops I forgot it was in my lap while getting out of my car" drop. But between the BSE AND silicon skin NOT ONE SCRATCH. Whew!
    02-23-09 01:34 PM
    I haven't dropped mine (praying I NEVER will)....I was looking on the back of it and thought I saw a scratch, almost had a heart attack...LOL
    02-23-09 01:53 PM
    Has anyone ever fallen and dropped their BB at the same time...and then worry more about the BB than yourself after the fall? haha

When I fell saturday, I scraped my arm and bruised my knee. Now, it really hurts, my friends were like "omg are you okay??" and I'm like "OMG MY PHONE #@$%?!" despite it having no scratches.

Of course, my friends aren't Crackberry heads and they just have Razrs...they totally don't get it!
    02-23-09 02:04 PM
    I would never drop my Berry for another phone! That's just inhuman!

Oh wait... we are talking about the actual dropping of the phone. Never have and hopefully Never will!
    02-23-09 02:07 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD