What usually happens when a BlackBerry device gets accidentally dropped on the floor? Yours truly parananoid just dropped my beloved Curve on the (marble) floor from my desk. It's got a small dent from the drop, but it's still functional.

Does any internal component break when this happens? I'm sure this happens often to a lot of people?
    08-06-07 01:04 PM
    First off...SHAME ON YOU!! LOL...second it's not something any one can say ''ya if you drop your BB this WILL break'', thats on a drop by drop basis, anything could break in a drop, theirs no definite way of saying what may/may not break, at this point thank your lucky stars it's working.
    08-06-07 06:02 PM
    I did the same thing 2 days ago, and my BB is working just fine, other than the sratches and dent on the bottom left hand corner

I have found a video on you tube that shows you how to replace the case and parts for the curve at cnn.cn/shop/index.php

Since i'm a newbie i cannot post the link, but if you need more info send me a bb msg

hope this helps
    08-06-07 06:31 PM
    BlackBerrys are resilient. There is a video on youtube of one getting run over by a truck. Lets just say it took several backups to get it to break.

I would say you should be good if it is functioning fine and there is nothing rattling inside. You might want to replace the casing on it if it is a big dent and you are so inclined.
    08-06-07 07:57 PM
    I usually get a SIM card error because my SIM card is loose or something, but a battery pull fixes that problem.
    08-07-07 09:02 AM
    08-07-07 09:47 AM
    You guys make a great support system here!! LOL Thanks for making me feel better now.

And, wow, I didn't even know there was a store carrying phone parts, including BB Curve. I'm shopping now. THanks for the link.
    08-07-07 09:47 AM
    I fumbled mine getting out of my car trying to carry too many things and before I could holster it. It landed on the top left corner on concrete. The OEM skin doesn't even show the scrape anymore, and my Curve is fine.

No smoke, no foul.
    08-07-07 09:48 AM
    I also dropped mine on asphalt with an OEM skin on it. It hit the back and then landed face down. My heart sank, but luckily not even a scratch.
    08-08-07 01:20 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    I too dropped my curve, and while inspecting things decided to just disassemble the phone so I could clear some dust off the screen.

When i was putting it back together, I guess I twisted one of the screws too hard (the longer ones which are visible when you take off the battery door) and it just snapped right off. I have two questions:

1) does anyone know where I can get replacement screws? I tried Radio Shack and my At&T dealer, both who told me they didn't have any or know where I could get them. I also checked cnn.cn and they didnt have them (that I could see at least)

2) would buying a dummy phone off ebay or something work? I really just need the screws (a new faceplate has been ordered). Everyone is super helpful around here, and i thank you in advance for any infor or advice you can give.

Thanks,
    Joe
    09-09-07 02:28 AM
    Whoa! I think I won't be buying screen protectors after all. An entire faceplate is just as much... they even carry trackball replacements which I hear get dirty after a while... Thanks for that link!
    09-09-07 04:25 AM
    I usually get a SIM card error because my SIM card is loose or something, but a battery pull fixes that problem.
    I have the same issue.
    10-04-07 07:50 AM
    My 7250 went through **** and worked like it was brand new, even after going for a swim in the ocean. My 8703e was ran over by my wife in her car by accident and it still worked and looked new. Now my 8800 looks so purty that I don't allow it out of my site.
    10-04-07 08:41 AM
    you guys all sound lucky i dropped my curve8320 1 day after i bought it and the lcd cover cracked pretty badly i had o order a new one from cnn and am know waiting for it but its lame because it was one day old
    10-11-07 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD