I have read numerous threads, here at Crackberry and beyond, but I am afraid I have a truly nuked (to ashes) Curve 8310. My son decided he needed a password, then promptly forgot it and wiped the unit out. Being scared that he was really wiping it out (which of course he was), he pulled the battery in the middle of the wipe. I reconnected everything, and it seemed to do a wipe okay.

The essential problem now is that I can never get it recognized by a Windows PC when connecting a USB cable. Yes, I have the BB Desktop and app loader installed. A second, known good BB (different model) connects just fine and is recognized. JL_CMDR gives a "port not found" error. Tried invoking LOADER, even with the /NOJVM switch, but nothing ever sees the 8310. Tried the timing issues with battery pull, cable disconnect dozens of times, but I never hear the PC do the double-ding that a USB device has connected, and the Loader application is always blank for the ports. Any suggestions shy of tossing it for a new one? Thanks.
    Last edited by mabowden; 09-01-10 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Thought of something I should have added
    09-01-10 01:25 PM
    My son has an old phone and has pulled the SIM card out of the Curve to use the old phone. Do you think that would keep the USB from connecting? I'll try this a little later in the day.
    09-01-10 01:31 PM
    I've heard freak instances where running 2 instances of the App Loader works. I've never tested it - but I've seen it work for 2 people.

Welcome to Crackberry.
    09-01-10 02:10 PM
    I'll give that a try. Thanks.
    09-01-10 10:29 PM
    My son has an old phone and has pulled the SIM card out of the Curve to use the old phone. <snip> I'll try this a little later in the day.
    Installing the SIM card didn't help.
    09-01-10 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD