just wondering, would anyone know where i can get hold of some of the older O.S for the 8900? im using .250 at the momement, and it wont allow me to valdate my email addresses, so i wanna go back a couple OS, im pretty sure a phone wipe will be involved right?
    09-16-09 05:17 AM
    are you sure theres no underlying issue? i went right to .250 and never had an issue with it. what do u mean it wont let u validate your email address?

https://hookedontronyx.com/Operating-Systems.html

scroll down to the 8900, have a blast.
    09-16-09 05:32 AM
    when i go to the set up wizzard, and then into email set up, it only gives me one option which is using a work email with the blackberry enterpirse server. im not sure if ive remembered correctly, but in the past there is usually two options, the second of which allows you to set up personal email accounts>

its not only this problem i have though, bb app world wont work claiming i need to have a service with browsing to use it (which i do) and the battery life is not that great...its not awful, just not as good as my last 0S
    09-16-09 06:05 AM
    Take a deep breath. Your issues are not os related. In fact, your issue with email is so common its asked at least daily. The mysterious missing BIS option in email setup. Google this, thou shalt find the answers scattered across the Internet far and wide. Resend service books, register your device, etc etc. You have basic TS'ing to do. Be patient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 06:39 AM
    *takes deep breath, thinks of green feilds and Kim Kardishian*

thanks for the heads up on that,i just assumed it was Os related because i never had the problem with the other Os ive installed....i shall excerise patience and have a look for a solution!! lol thanks for the replies to this thread..

out of curiousity, is there a source for the older OS?
    09-16-09 09:52 AM
    09-16-09 02:55 PM
    Do you have a blackberry data plan? I have that issue too, but it is because I dont have the actual blackberry data plan.
    09-16-09 02:58 PM
    i do have the blackberry dataplan R1cE, and without the data plan, do u egt charged for bbm? always wondered that lol
    09-16-09 07:12 PM
    i do have the blackberry dataplan R1cE, and without the data plan, do u egt charged for bbm? always wondered that lol
    Without a BB data plan, you don't get charged for BBM... as you don't get BBM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD